• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower

This is a discussion on Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; My dad built his 7.62x39 AR on a stripped Anderson lower, everything in spec, fit is nice, "feels" like any other forged mil-spec lower. The ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower

Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 67331
My dad built his 7.62x39 AR on a stripped Anderson lower, everything in spec, fit is nice, "feels" like any other forged mil-spec lower. The anodized finish on his seemed a bit "splotchy" when dry, but after some use and light oil wipe downs, it's all evened out.

I'd say they're good to go.
Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 90144
awesome thanks for the info!
darkrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86238
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrado View Post
sorry bout resurect an old thread but i can't find anything on just the anderson manufacturing lower reciever. found plenty on the whole rifles where quality was questionable but corrected with time and new parts. and seeing that you used a lower to build your ar i wanted to ask you how you felt about yours. how does it fit with everything? how has it been holding up? any info would be greatly appericiated because i am looking at a stripped lower at a local gun shop. they want considerably more than you paid but with the times it is to be expected. also what lpk did you use in it? thanks

I got into AR's AFTER the Newtown tragedy...when I started looking for a lower to build I was shocked to see the number of places that were either WAY over-priced for them or "out-of-stock" however, I was finally able to locate a stripped lower at my LGS and it was an Anderson...it is now a completed rifle and everything worked well with the parts kit I had and finish was nice as well...I also had to contact their company about something related to a small part I ordered and they were quick to respond and took care of my questions/needs immediately. I would have purchased a complete upper from them if they had any but they didn't...they seem to be a good company with solid customer service.
newxder50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78808
My lgs also just got in Anderson manufacturing lowers for $130.00. I dont know a ton about rifles, but does a lower brand matter. My dealer said no but he's trying to make a sale. Also investment wise is it better to go with a spikes tactical or Daniel defense or is that just a waste of money.
mattsxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 87531
My LGS owner swears by Anderson.

They have some sort of coating on their rifles that allows you to run them dry. Just wash with soap and water.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78808
According to there site that coating is just on there assembled rifles not if buy just the parts
mattsxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 67331
Again, Anderson is good to go. Do you want to build a rifle, or get into the manufacturing market by capitalizing on the potential markup due solely to some hot at the moment roll mark?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
anderson ar lower
anderson ar lower review
anderson ar lower reviews
anderson arms lower receivers
anderson arms lower review

anderson lower

anderson lower receiver

anderson lower receiver review

anderson lower review

anderson lowers
anderson lowers review

anderson manufacturing lower receiver review

anderson manufacturing stripped lower

anderson mfg lower review

anderson stripped lower

anderson stripped lower review

Click on a term to search for related topics.