• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Windham WW-15 AR Range Report issues

This is a discussion on Windham WW-15 AR Range Report issues within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Just got back from the range from earlier today with my brand new in box Windham AR-15. It was very disappointing at first. The removable ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Windham WW-15 AR Range Report issues

Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71699
Windham WW-15 AR Range Report issues

Just got back from the range from earlier today with my brand new in box Windham AR-15.

It was very disappointing at first. The removable carry handle / sights were improperly drilled and would not attach evenly to the main rail. (Sat at an angle) This caused me to have to drift the rear sight almost all the way left in order to achieve a proper 25 yard zero.

After having my buddy also shoot the rifle we were able to diagnose the problem.

Problems aside I was able to remove the carry handle sights and swap on my buddies Magpul flip ups and zero the rifle within the next 10 rounds... Awesome! Shot around 50-75 rounds flawlessly through the rifle and it feels great.

I returned with my AR to One Shot Cincinnati and they came to the same conclusion but were very helpful. They took down my info once again, removed my carry handle and said they would inform me when they receive a new one.

**One Shot Cincinnati also loaned me an Eotech 552 so I could get some range time in while I wait. They are an awesome store!

TLDR: Went to range, improper fit carry handle/rear sights. Store sending me new ones/loaned me Eotech.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool
Marlin 22 WMR Bolt Action
Windham Weaponry SRC AR 15

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Sorry you had probs bro. Cool loan on the Eotech though, how do you like it?
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyo2 View Post
Sorry you had probs bro. Cool loan on the Eotech though, how do you like it?
I haven't gotten to try it out yet. I am hoping to make it to the range again tomorrow or Sunday. I think they only loaned it to me in an attempt to get me to dish out even more money than I already do in their store... lol

**Edit, It is very strange being able to keep both eyes open and move the rifle and have the red circle glowing in your view... Very cool first time experience. The black of the holo site fades out with both eyes open...

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71194
I just purchased a windham flat top a week or so again and havent gotten time to take it to the range. Waiting on rings to come in for my red dot. Glad to see you enjoyed yours and hope I will too! Cant beat that lifetime warranty they offer and something about a man opening back up a business to save americans jobs just made me want that gun even more!
Jswiney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswiney9 View Post
I just purchased a windham flat top a week or so again and havent gotten time to take it to the range. Waiting on rings to come in for my red dot. Glad to see you enjoyed yours and hope I will too! Cant beat that lifetime warranty they offer and something about a man opening back up a business to save americans jobs just made me want that gun even more!
I have been to the range 3x with it so far. I only have 300 rounds through it at the moment with american eagle 5.56. No issues so far!

I am new to shooting AR's... But i was able to put my groups on top of each other @ 25 yards. Feels like I am shooting my scoped 22 lol.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32214
Sorry you had issues with your AR but it looks like your local shop has got you pretty well taken care of.

4.5 XDM 40S&W
4.5 Bitone XDM 9mm
Ruger P90 45ACP
Mossberg 930SPX Tactical Shotgun
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

PSA M4 Carbine with Vortex Viper PST Optic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
1xdmshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xdmshooter View Post
Sorry you had issues with your AR but it looks like your local shop has got you pretty well taken care of.
The local shop has been awesome to me. They treat me with the utmost respect. I try not to be the typical window shopper when I visit. Have to leave with SOMETHING when you visit the gun store... Right?

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Just to add to my experience... The shop got my new carry handle in after saying they were going to contact Windham Weaponry. I got my new carry handle in and it still doesn't fit properly with the top rail...

Frustrated at the moment I left to shop in order to call Windham directly to express my concern. Turns out the local shop never returned the carry handle to Windham... because it is not even a Windham carry handle. Windham informed me my rifle doesn't come with a top carry handle / sight and the gun shop must of just added the carry handle.

Turns out this carry handle, which has been a huge ordeal is some cheap stamped POS from American Tactical.

Looks like I am going to just throw down more money to get some Troy rear sights to match my front... Unless someone else has any suggestions?

Venting over!!

**EDIT Windham Weaponry was extremely helpful with me on the phone. They even browsed the internet with me to find the rear sight the gun shop put on my gun.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 62282
magpul?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjlittle View Post
magpul?
I actually had a Magpul front sight before I decided to return it for the Troy.

Looking down the Magpul sights feels like looking down a tube.

I definitely want some sort of quality metal sights as I can't afford to spend 500 dollars on a quality optic at the moment.

I figured matching Troy sights would be the best bet... But was open to opinions outside plastic Magpuls.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
r16m4lhrft
r16m4lhrft review
windham ar problems
windham model ww-15
windham weaponry problems
windham weaponry ww-15
windham ww 15

windham ww-15

windham ww-15 review

windham ww15

ww-15

ww15

Click on a term to search for related topics.