• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New Windam AR-15

This is a discussion on New Windam AR-15 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Just picked up my first ever AR-15 today on an impulse buy. It is a Windham WW-15 M4 The only current accessory on the rifle ...

Old 03-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71699
New Windam AR-15

Just picked up my first ever AR-15 today on an impulse buy.

It is a Windham WW-15 M4

The only current accessory on the rifle is a Magpul front flip up sight as I opted for a front accessory rail.

Price on the rifle was $810.00 / $770.00 cash from One Shot Cincinnati. Have always had great experiences with them!

I also picked up 300 rounds of 55gr federal brass for $120.00 and will be attending the local range tomorrow to hopefully get the irons sighted in.

I will post sometime Friday or Saturday night to let you all know how it went.

**I am open to any advice or criticism regarding the firearm / ar-15 as I said above... I am ENTIRELY new to the platform.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool
Marlin 22 WMR Bolt Action
Windham Weaponry SRC AR 15

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39657
Nice rifle, I just read an article about them yesterday in Guns & Weapons, it got a good review. I guess Windham, the factory, machinery, owner and most of the employees were formerly under the Bushmaster name, so it is probably very close to my Bushy.

You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink till that good girl sins, you can even drink a ugly girl pretty, but you cant drink a fat girl thin. - Jeff Daniels

My wife thinks everything costs, "about a $100.. bucks".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
- dsump 4/3/07
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
Nice rifle, I just read an article about them yesterday in Guns & Weapons, it got a good review. I guess Windham, the factory, machinery, owner and most of the employees were formerly under the Bushmaster name, so it is probably very close to my Bushy.
One of the reasons I picked it up. I was initially looking at the M&P Sport but fell in love with this particular rifle after handling it. Was unfortunate to have to cough up extra mulah for it however.

There are not many reviews / videos on this rifle from what it seems so hoping I didn't make a faulty investment.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Be sure you clean and lube it before shooting. I lube my firearms with Mobil 1, 15W50. The bolt carrier and bolt should be wet...not sloppy-wet...just wet. Might start looking for an aftermarket trigger.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
One of the reasons I picked it up. I was initially looking at the M&P Sport but fell in love with this particular rifle after handling it. Was unfortunate to have to cough up extra mulah for it however.

There are not many reviews / videos on this rifle from what it seems so hoping I didn't make a faulty investment.
The nice thing with AR's is the parts are plentiful and usually pretty easy to change.

You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink till that good girl sins, you can even drink a ugly girl pretty, but you cant drink a fat girl thin. - Jeff Daniels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
- dsump 4/3/07
Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
Be sure you clean and lube it before shooting. I lube my firearms with Mobil 1, 15W50. The bolt carrier and bolt should be wet...not sloppy-wet...just wet. Might start looking for an aftermarket trigger.
The guys at the store told me the factory lube should be good for the first time out. I usually run all my new pistols wet via clp break free the first time out @ the range.

I plan to VERY lightly apply clp break free to the various moving parts and fire between 50-100 rds the first time out. Is that going to over do it? Also am I looking at any sort of break in period for reliability?

Thanks for the help!

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 52474
good looking gun, i dont like the CAR handgaurds very much with all that barell showing, but it is still nice and probably a great shooter.
Congrats!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
good looking gun, i dont like the CAR handgaurds very much with all that barell showing, but it is still nice and probably a great shooter.
Congrats!
Thanks! Still in the drooling phase... Case open on the coffee table, taking strolls by to casually stare.

Once I get 300-500 rounds down range with iron sights I am going to look into picking up an optic.

Does anyone know where to point me in regards to finding a low zoom / zero zoom illuminated sight for $100-250?

Thanks again.

Winchester 1300
Remington 870 Tacticool

XDM 4.5 9mm
AMT Backup .45
Ruger P345 .45
Kahr CW9 9mm
Sig P228 9mm
Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Looks good & congrats! No experience w/Windham though. So let us know how she does after the range trip.
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
Does anyone know where to point me in regards to finding a low zoom / zero zoom illuminated sight for $100-250?

Here is a good sight, Lucid HD7. It is a 1x zoom, but has a optional 3x magnifier you can screw on to it. Here is a review of it Lucid Review

Or, I have heard a lot of good things on Primary Arms Optics, Primary Arms Micro Dot.
I plan on buying this for my 300 Blackout once I get some extra cash.

- dsump 4/3/07

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
accessories for my wyndham arms ar
windam arms
windham ar 15 reviews
windham ar-15 on sale
windham ww-15 price
windom ar15
windom arms reviews
wyndham ar15

wyndham arms

wyndham arms ar 15 for sale
wyndham arms ar 15 price

wyndham arms ar 15 review

wyndham arms ar-15 review
wyndham arms ar15
wyndham arms review
wyndham arms ww15
Click on a term to search for related topics.