• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New Windham Weaponry carbine! Suggestions for break-in?

This is a discussion on New Windham Weaponry carbine! Suggestions for break-in? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by wburychka Just to rule out my vision as a precaution, I got a local gunsmith to zero the sights for me, after ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » New Windham Weaponry carbine! Suggestions for break-in?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #31
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
Just to rule out my vision as a precaution, I got a local gunsmith to zero the sights for me, after which I saw I could match his results. The handle sight is easily removed and replaced in exactly the same position, so I can take it apart and reassemble with no problem. And that's good because I've now removed the handle sight.

A couple times to the range, and I realized I don't see like I did in 1968--or even in 1998, for that matter. In order to facilitate my actually seeing a target at 100 yards, I bought a Nikon P-223 3-9x40 scope. That helped a lot. It's nice to be able to see the target and then see where you hit.

So far, no regrets.
Glad to hear!
That Nikon is a pretty sweet little scope as well IMO.
Have fun & be safe bud!
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34616
I got my wyndham rifle about 2 weeks ago. did quite a bit of research before purchasing but being my first AR I'm very new to this. the finish looks excellent, the upper and lower has a nice tight fit, I got a flat top version with the fold down rear sight and fixed front sight post. put a vortex strikefire red dot on it and have put about 350 rounds down range so far it has operated flawlessly so far I have only been able to shoot out to 100 yards and being my first rifle I'm surprisingly able to put as many rounds as I want into a zombie head size target at 100 yards with the red dot. it has a lifetime warranty :. a small part of the proceeds went to paralyzed veterans of america outdoor recreation heritage fund so far I am really loving this rifle and I am very pleased with my purchase
diskgolfer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 73052
I have the Windham MPC and it is a well built AR. I enjoy shooting it!
dos0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdxpilot View Post
I don't know what Wally World was charging for Colts, but you can get a Colt 6920 online for $945 + shipping ($14 on mine.) The 6920 is the standard against which all M4 style rifles are judged against (since it is an actual 16" barrel, semi-auto M4.) Colt is the only source for real M4s. Everything else is just a copy. BTW- If anyone tells you that Colts use non-standard parts, that only applies to used ones from the Assualt Weapons Ban period and shortly thereafter. Colt got over that a few years back, and now everything is interchangeable, sizewise, with other ARs.

Also, Windham is a startup, using the closed Bushy factory. While their specs look good, they have only been in business for a very short time. They have no track record to judge them by, while Colt has been making ARs since the early 60s.
Not to be rude but you saying Colt is the only one who makes true M4 is in correct. In my military career I have carried two M4 made by FN one from 09 to 10 and 11 to present
Jibnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #35
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibnast View Post
Not to be rude but you saying Colt is the only one who makes true M4 is in correct. In my military career I have carried two M4 made by FN one from 09 to 10 and 11 to present
I have seen M4s assembled at armory level from restamped FN M16A2 lower receivers. However, if you can show me reliable evidence of FN ever making M4s at their factory for delivery to the US Military, I will send you a check for $50.

As far as I have been able to determine, the only factory contracts for M4s have been Colt, and the new contract Remington just got awarded.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos0711 View Post
Any updates on your Windham?

This thing shoots like a dream! I have a Burris FastFire II on a Tapco carry handle mount, and I can drop bowling pins with it like crazy! Feed and function have been perfect with standard and polymer mags. I'm totally stoked over this rifle! If only I had another $800... Their SRC is calling my name.
Ruger P-90 .45 ACP
Ruger LC9 9mm (Primary Carry Gun)
Ruger LCP .380 ACP
Ruger Old Model Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum
Beretta U22 Neos .22LR
Smith & Wesson Model 10 .38 Special
Windham Weaponry M4 Carbine 5.56 NATO
...and a few others

Don't Californicate Colorado
Gulftanker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

barrel, break-in, chrome, windham

Search tags for this page
do windham weapons have chrome lined barrels
find a scope to mount on windham mpc carry handle
revues windham graphite ar 15
windham carbon fiber ar 15 review
windham carbon fiber ar 15 reviews
windham carbon fiber ar revues
windham carbon fiber ar-15 review
windham hbc review
windham weaponary barrels
windham weaponry break in
windham weaponry carbon ar 15 reviews

windham weaponry hbc

windham weaponry r16m4a4t review
windham weaponry src carbon lite ar15
windhamweaponry carbon ar15 reviews
wyndham rifle cleaning
Click on a term to search for related topics.