• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

My First AR

This is a discussion on My First AR within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; i bought a cmmg lower for 240 and a bcm upper with the mbus handgaurd charging handle and bolt carrier group for 690.thats everything for ...

Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65253
i bought a cmmg lower for 240 and a bcm upper with the mbus handgaurd charging handle and bolt carrier group for 690.thats everything for under 1000
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
You don't have to accept less. Go with the original and the standard bearer, a Colt 6920 (civilian M4.)

Colt Model 6920 M4 16" Carbine

$945. Shipping on mine was $14, so it is well below your target price.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
Yes, Colt 6920 is a nice rifle...When I was looking at purchasing my first AR, I wanted a 6920 but they were close to $1,500 at the time and couldn't afford it. That's when I found a Del-Ton for $800....
Not to say that I regret purchasing the DTI over the Colt....My Del-Ton has served me extremely well, over 1K rounds through her with no issues yet. Colt has been in the AR business much longer than DTI, they are the company that took over and improved on the AR-15 when Armalite sold the rights to Colt back in 1959....So Colt obviously manufactures a good rifle...or I should say they set the standards...

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
  • Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38812
I like the idea of the PSA build. It gives you inside knowledge of what your using by building it yourself and a solid platform from a company thats continuing to grow quickly by providing a quality product at a very reasonable price. There basis for offering the quality they do at the price they do is they are a leading ammunition manufacturer in this country (top 3 they claim) which allows them to offer the prices they do by making up money thru ammunition sales. Kinda like an oil company manufacturing cars more affordable. The know your going to need fuel! So why not sell you something your going to need there product to run. Firearms equal ammunition need/sales in theory...
Love the user name by the way! Boondock Saints "Equality" and "Justice"

"There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?" Man on Fire
jn_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 68896
It actually translates to Truth and Justice but yes, great movies.
AequitasVeritas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar15, del-ton

Search tags for this page

bcm upper on cmmg lower

bcm vs cmmg
bcm vs psa upper
black rifle arms vs. bcm upper ar 15
cmmg lower with bcm upper

cmmg vs colt

colt sp6920 vs. delton dt sport

colt vs delton
del ton sport review
del-ton dissipator carbine kit ar-15

del-ton dt sport review

delton dt sport review

delton vs colt

delton vs psa

good first ar

psa vs colt

Click on a term to search for related topics.