• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Warranty/Parts Question

This is a discussion on Warranty/Parts Question within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; In the long run (probably over the next ten years) I would like to mount an Eotech and a magnifier on my RRA Elite Car ...

Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 59943
Warranty/Parts Question

In the long run (probably over the next ten years) I would like to mount an Eotech and a magnifier on my RRA Elite Car A4, but since I'll have the magnifier it would be preferable to remove my A2 style gas block, does anyone know if that will violate the warranty? Also, does anyone have any flip up front sight gas blocks they would recommend?
9mmFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 53130
Only guarantee is to contact the company and get it in writing of some form (letter, email, etc) whether or not that will void warranty. Most seem to honor the warranty with the caveat that they will charge you for time and materials if the problem is found to be related to or caused by your modification.

If it were me, I'd install a low-profile gas block and a possibly a longer rail (if yours isn't long enough), then mount a troy flip up, or MBUS front sight. The gas-block rails are often below the line of a quad rail, making these sights not line up with your rear sight. Additionally, I wouldn't mount a polymer MBUS to the hot gas block, as it may melt, and rapid firing with a metal front sight like the troy is sure to heat the sight enough to make you not want to articulate it because it is hot. Of course there are integrated flip up front sights, I know RRA offers one... I've never used it, but I suspect it might have the same heat issue as a trow on a railed gas block.
Jayock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
I wouldn't fret for a nanosecond about voiding the warranty. Unless the manufacturer is an extremely unreliable, shoddy company, they won't void the warranty, except to the extent that you damage the rifle during the process of changing out the parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, rock river, rra, sights, warranty

Search tags for this page
add rail to colt void warranty

change sights xd void warrenty

changing a gas block voiding warranties

colt removing gas block warranty
does changing my sights on my xd void my warranty
does changing pistol sights void warranty
does changing sights on a glock pistol void the warranty
replacing rear site void colt warranty
what will void my car warranty
what will void my xd warranty
will painting sight void warranty
will replacing the front and rear sights on my springfield 3.8 .40 void the warranty
will replacing the gas block void my warrant
xd forum does removing sight paint void warranty?
xd warranty email
Click on a term to search for related topics.