• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Black rain ordinance vs spikes tactical vs?

This is a discussion on Black rain ordinance vs spikes tactical vs? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I will be buying my first ar here soon, taxes!. Im stuck on what to get. I had my mind stuck on spikes tactical but ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Black rain ordinance vs spikes tactical vs?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59921
Black rain ordinance vs spikes tactical vs?

I will be buying my first ar here soon, taxes!. Im stuck on what to get. I had my mind stuck on spikes tactical but I just came across the bro silver skull ar. That thing is friggin sweet looking. I don't have anywhere to go look at any of these types of rifles. Any dealers remotely close to me only have dpms, remington,bushnell and thats pretty much it. I want something thats super accurate and durability top notch. Any info given will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bloodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 37016
I'm not sure what your budget is but for "super accurate" take a look at Larue Tactical. I have 2 Spikes builds and they are very reliable but I'm not sure I would classify them as tack drivers. I recently installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger in one of the lowers and noticed marked improvement in my groups.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64199
I have 2 spikes also 5.56 & 6.8 both are very reliable and for the price you can't beat it. But yeah if your budget is high LaRue, LWRC, or POF, there top quality stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DonRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59921
Well id like to keep it at about 1000 for the gun (making 9.75 an hour has its downsides lol) I know the bro is 2000 im looking at. Id have to save up and use taxes for that. I should rephrase that at most accurate for the $$. Ill check out the ones you have mentioned. Thanks
bloodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
I'd add Larue to the list. Are you looking at a piston or direct impingement operating system?
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
check out palmetto state armory also, they have very attractive prices and features for their ARs

I would recommend a 16" midlength as well.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 30389
If you are looking for a quality battle rifle then get a Spike's 16" mid-length. If you are looking for a long range, scoped tack driver then be prepared to pay substantially more.

The Spike's is one of the best deals for a good military spec AR.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 37016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsport View Post
Well id like to keep it at about 1000 for the gun (making 9.75 an hour has its downsides lol) I know the bro is 2000 im looking at. Id have to save up and use taxes for that. I should rephrase that at most accurate for the $$. Ill check out the ones you have mentioned. Thanks
One of mine is setup at close to your budget. Spikes 16" midlength upper with MOE handguards, $500. Bravo Company blemished lower with CTR Stock and Geissele SSA-E trigger, $560. If you get a good upper, the trigger makes a world of difference when it comes to accuracy. A good scope doesn't hurt either. You can also find a Colt SP6920 for close to $1000. IM me if you need the links or more info.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 60564
I've got a Noveske upper, lower, Spikes guts, Magpul stock, handgard and 1/3 cowitnes EoTech 2moa @ 100yards. With a bipod and scope I can get .72moa @ 100yards ( 5round groups ) with xm855.
Oneeek020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38812
LWSF MOE Rifles - LOKI Weapon Systems
LWS Forged STD Rifles - LOKI Weapon Systems
I've been very impressed with the upper assembly they built me! Customer service is awesome and great craftsmanship!
BCM makes a solid product also... BCM Rifle Carbine M4 AR15 M16

"There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?" Man on Fire
jn_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

.223, ar15, black rain ordinance, rifle, spikes tactical

Search tags for this page
black rain bcg review
black rain lower receiver review
black rain ordnance 308 review

black rain ordnance review

black rain ordnance reviews

black rain ordnance vs daniel defense
black rain ordnance vs lwrc
black rain ordnance vs. lwrc
black rain vs pof
black rain vs spikes tactical
lwrc vs black rain
pof vs black rain
Click on a term to search for related topics.