• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

AR Triggers

This is a discussion on AR Triggers within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I am trying to finish up my current AR build and I am looking at triggers. I was going to install a straight forward mil-spec ...

Old 10-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
AR Triggers

I am trying to finish up my current AR build and I am looking at triggers. I was going to install a straight forward mil-spec trigger but after reading several articles on the different triggers out there, I started doing some research on the following tiggers:
I have read all of the pros and cons with each set up, for example; They say Timney Triggers are great and just drop right into the lower receiver but are extremel finicky when getting them adjusted just right. The others tend to be a little harder to install compared to the Timney but are not as cantankerous to adjust. I have heard nothing bad about the gold trigger by American Trigger Corp; does anybody have any good honest experience with any of these triggers (no brand loyalists please). I am trying to make narrow my decision down and right now I am going back and forth between Geissele and the Gold Trigger....

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
  • Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38644
I have the Geissele SSA-E and absolutely love it. Smooth, distinct stage change and light pull. Quick reset and easy to fire rapidly and accurately. Best "feel" I've experienced and I've tried a few in my time. Nothing bad to say about the others but this one is my favorite so far.

XDM-9, XDSC-9, S&W M&P 15 OR
NRA member,USMC 66-69, Ex LEO
MPDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDC View Post
I have the Geissele SSA-E and absolutely love it. Smooth, distinct stage change and light pull. Quick reset and easy to fire rapidly and accurately. Best "feel" I've experienced and I've tried a few in my time. Nothing bad to say about the others but this one is my favorite so far.

How easy is it to install, are there any adjustments that need to be made when installing it?
Oh and thanks for the response.

• Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32876
Have you looked into the lmt 2 stage trigger. I have to say it's the nicest trigger I have ever had the pleasure of using
"I know the urge to arm yourself, because thatís what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995
Uriel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 51043
I have the rock river arms 2 stage on my rifle. I have compared it side by side with the stock trigger on a bushmaster and I can say it is MUCH smoother and just all around feels better.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39657
I just put the JP Original Fire Control Kit on my AR and and really like it. And it was only $100.
JP Trigger Kit

You can drink a shy girl crazy, you can drink till that good girl sins, you can even drink a ugly girl pretty, but you cant drink a fat girl thin. - Jeff Daniels

My wife thinks everything costs, "about a $100.. bucks".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
- dsump 4/3/07
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
Rou
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 32990
I have a Timney single stage 3.5lb skeletonized trigger, a Rock River Arms 2 stage, and an armalite 2 stage. Avoid the Armalite, it's ok for a 2 stage, but not as nice or reliable as the RRA. My Timney is the nicest trigger, and it is definitely a very clean break. I have not had any issues with it either, it's run flawlessly. I can't tell you how great it is in comparison to the others on your list though, I don't have any experience with them.
Rou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rou View Post
I have a Timney single stage 3.5lb skeletonized trigger, a Rock River Arms 2 stage, and an armalite 2 stage. Avoid the Armalite, it's ok for a 2 stage, but not as nice or reliable as the RRA. My Timney is the nicest trigger, and it is definitely a very clean break. I have not had any issues with it either, it's run flawlessly. I can't tell you how great it is in comparison to the others on your list though, I don't have any experience with them.
I also have an rra 2 stage trigger and the lmt is superior. The rra is simply bang for the buck. It's great compared to a single stage trigger but doesn't even compare to my lmt. Honestly though I really don't care for rra though as I've stated many times here before. To me they simply don't compare to my lmt, bcm and spikes products.

I cannot speak for the choices the op is lpoking at though I have not used them
"I know the urge to arm yourself, because thatís what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995
Uriel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniac View Post
How easy is it to install, are there any adjustments that need to be made when installing it?
Oh and thanks for the response.
Awesomely easy. Even comes with slave pins making the install a breeze.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniac View Post
I am trying to finish up my current AR build and I am looking at triggers. I was going to install a straight forward mil-spec trigger but after reading several articles on the different triggers out there, I started doing some research on the following tiggers:
I have read all of the pros and cons with each set up, for example; They say Timney Triggers are great and just drop right into the lower receiver but are extremel finicky when getting them adjusted just right. The others tend to be a little harder to install compared to the Timney but are not as cantankerous to adjust. I have heard nothing bad about the gold trigger by American Trigger Corp; does anybody have any good honest experience with any of these triggers (no brand loyalists please). I am trying to make narrow my decision down and right now I am going back and forth between Geissele and the Gold Trigger....

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Geissele is the best and they have never let me down.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
adjusting the american trigger corp ar gold trigger
american ar gold trigger vs geissele sd3g
american gold trigger adjustment
american gold trigger vs geissele
american trigger ar gold vs timney
american trigger corps gold trigger adjustments?

american trigger gold vs timney

american trigger versus timney
ar gold trigger adjustment
ar gold trigger problems
ar gold vs geissele
harrington richardson 088 installing trigger
pull weight adjustment on ar gold trigger
ssf
timney vs ar gold trigger
Click on a term to search for related topics.