• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Opinion on Bushmaster Carbon 15

This is a discussion on Opinion on Bushmaster Carbon 15 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Hey guys I am in the market for my first AR and was wondering what your opinions are on the Bushy Carbon 15? I was ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Opinion on Bushmaster Carbon 15

Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63302
Opinion on Bushmaster Carbon 15

Hey guys I am in the market for my first AR and was wondering what your opinions are on the Bushy Carbon 15? I was at the range today and a guy had one he had just bought. I shot it and it felt great, very light. Shot nice although he did say the Red Dot seem to get knocked off sight. I would more than likely replace the red dot so I am not worried about that. What about the poly lower? Would this thing hold up for long? I want to use it as a range gun and as a learning experience to get familiar with AR's. I was looking around the $700 mark. I was also wondering if an AK for $400 would be a good start. Any thoughts?
XDguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63411
love it

i got the Bushmaster xm15-e2s patrolman m4 about a month ago.finally took it out today,put 200 rds thur it no hick ups..not much to look at right now..gonna add a Vortex StrikeFire Red / Green Dot Scope,Vortex Optics VMX3 Magnifier w/ Swing Mount...i do got a question but was told its normal...i notice a alittle leakage around the gas block on the front sight
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on Bushmaster Carbon 15-sany0111.jpg  
twinkey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
MFE
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45566
We just bought one last night and took it to the range today. The elevation blocks they supplied for optics don't come with any hardware, that's a miss. But you'll need them to get the scope up where it's any use to see through. The red-dot scope is pretty worthless past 50 yards, and the stock is way too short even in its fully extended position. But it's light, fun, and ran great through 125 rds of Remi UMC. AR15's are a bitch to keep clean though, so if you're going shootin', might as well shoot a lot to make it worthwhile.
MFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Old Timer

Member #: 42730
400 for an AK is pretty pricey. They are also two completely different platforms. Personally I think it's best to own both . Bushmaster makes great guns. Just check to make sure it's clean and not marred down the barrel or has a lot of carbon buildup inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 38644
Think I'd consider the M&P15 for that price range. A useless (cheap, loses zero pre the poster) red dot is NOT an incentive and the M&PSport comes with good sights. Add a red dot or scope and you have a proven, competent package WITH 1/8 melonite bbl. using the same twist as US Sniper rifles.

Best bang for the buck on the market, IMHO, and very good reviews from owners both here and other sites.

XDM-9, XDSC-9, S&W M&P 15 OR
NRA member,USMC 66-69, Ex LEO
MPDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDC View Post
Think I'd consider the M&P15 for that price range. A useless (cheap, loses zero pre the poster) red dot is NOT an incentive and the M&PSport comes with good sights. Add a red dot or scope and you have a proven, competent package WITH 1/8 melonite bbl. using the same twist as US Sniper rifles.

Best bang for the buck on the market, IMHO, and very good reviews from owners both here and other sites.
I agree. Even at $700, the Bushy is overpriced.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 9014
Waay overpriced, for another $200 you could get a DD, BCM, or even a Colt. Better weapons, if you think you may need to depend on this weapon for your life.

If it's gonna be a range toy/plinkster, get whatever.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 37329
Bushmaster is a "servicable" brand but it is NOT a weapon I would trust my life to. Rock River, Larue, DD etc.

Plinker...yes

Self Defense...no!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDC View Post

Where are you seeing an M&P for that price range? I've seen them for about a $800-900 If that's the case I will get an AK first and save up for a good AR.
I was thinking about a EAA Zastava Pap for $379. Ok I know it only takes single stack mags but man the trigger on that thing is amazing and I saw it shoot 2' groups at 100 yards open sights. I figure I can eventually convert it to accept double stack or someone will come out with a higher capacity mag for it. What do you guys think?
XDguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55166
Loved mine since I bought it in June. Roughly 2,000 rounds through it (1500 Monarch steel cased, 200 Monarch brass, and 300 Federal 5.56 SS109) without one failure of any kind.

Yes, the included red dot is pretty useless, but I threw it on a spare Mossberg 500 and voila, turkey gun! I ended up putting a Vortex Sparc on there and love it!

I trust my life to mine, it sits 2nd in line behind my Mossberg 590 next to my bed.

au01st is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
bushmaster c15
bushmaster c15 combo review
bushmaster c15 review
bushmaster c15 reviews
bushmaster carbon 15 combo

bushmaster carbon 15 review

bushmaster carbon 15 review 2013
bushmaster carbon 15 reviews
bushmaster carbon 15 reviews and forums
carbon 15 combo

carbon 15 review

carbon 15 reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.