• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone else ready for some Fall shooting... and camping and hiking?

This is a discussion on Anyone else ready for some Fall shooting... and camping and hiking? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Im not gonna lie, I have a few Oktober fest beers in me so I will try not to ramble too much. Well it's Fall...my ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Anyone else ready for some Fall shooting... and camping and hiking?

Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39825
Anyone else ready for some Fall shooting... and camping and hiking?

Im not gonna lie, I have a few Oktober fest beers in me so I will try not to ramble too much. Well it's Fall...my favorite season. It is my favorite time to shoot, I love the cooler temperatures and a warm firearm. It is finally time to break out my camping gear and order a new pack. I am trying to find a Large External Frame pack, that way I can mount things on the outside and have 5,000+ CI of storage. I have been saving up ammo to do a bunch of Fall shooting, I just think its the best time to shoot. You know that awesome feeling I am talking about. That cool mid to upper 60 F Temp with the soft cool breezes, The echo of the 5.56 in the woods and a warm rifle in the hands, one of the best feelings other than sex and a warm street bike (Honda preferably) in between your legs in the fall... haha, anyway I was just wanting to know how many people agree that Fall is premium sport shooting time and just plain premium outdoor activity time. Also who else is planning on getting some good hiking and camping trips in? Anything extensive, long treks? I am planning on a 5+ day camp, Hike in of course. Live off the land and use minimal gear.

- Colt LE6940
- Springfield Armory XDM .40
- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22
- CAI Romarm GP WASR 10/63
- Browning Gold Hunter 3.5 12ga.
- Mosin Nagant M91/30
- Manufacture Liegeoise D'armes A Feu,
"Lincoln Central-Fire .450" Revolver Ca. 1890's

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
XDMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 53827
I have not been camping in years, but I do agree that fall is prime shooting weather... when it isnt raing like right now lol
Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton1621 View Post
I have not been camping in years, but I do agree that fall is prime shooting weather... when it isn't raining like right now lol
Oh is it raining where you are at?, Where do you reside may I ask, You don't have to say the City if you don't want. I am from Greenville, SC. It feels amazing outside right now. I would like it a little cooler out but its fine right now. If there weren't horses behind my property I would go shoot right this minute. But they are too close and they get scared way too easily.

- Colt LE6940
- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22
- Mosin Nagant M91/30

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMulisha View Post
Oh is it raining where you are at?, Where do you reside may I ask, You don't have to say the City if you don't want. I am from Greenville, SC. It feels amazing outside right now. I would like it a little cooler out but its fine right now. If there weren't horses behind my property I would go shoot right this minute. But they are too close and they get scared way too easily.
SE Ohio between Dayton and Cincy... its been kind of humid and nasty the past few days. Fall is probably my favorite season, I hope to be heading to the range this coming weekend It would be nice to have property to go shoot whenever you want, I grew up in SW Ohio out in the boonies... SE Ohio is nothing but cities and suburbs
Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
SE Ohio between Dayton and Cincy... its been kind of humid and nasty the past few days. Fall is probably my favorite season, I hope to be heading to the range this coming weekend It would be nice to have property to go shoot whenever you want, I grew up in SW Ohio out in the boonies... SE Ohio is nothing but cities and suburbs
Oh okay, I have driven through Ohio on my way to Detroit but never actually stopped. Yea Fall is the best for sure, the prettiest and most comfortable season, for me any way... I tend to run hot so cooler weather suits me. I hope you get a chance to go to the range, I hate waiting long periods of time in between shooting, It makes me a tad rusty and well just bored haha. It is nice to have property that is for damn sure. The best though is my uncle Mark's property in Greenwood, SC. He has 88 acres with a fresh water well, creek, and ponds. It has a lot of game, Deer, Turkey, Duck, Dove, Hogs, Geese, etc. We have this area we shoot in that I dubbed "the Pit" and also "Little Vietnam". The pit because well thats what it is. Its a little hike down a hill into a pit with a 40 foot berm going around 180 degrees of it. So it drowns out the noise and also is very safe. We call it little Vietnam due to the jungle type sounds from the birds and other insects and animals and also its very hot and humid down there in the summer. Tons of snakes, spiders, bullet casings and the sounds of gunfire, so Vietnam suits it lol. It is about 50 minutes away from where I live though. However it is totally worth it when you want to go all out and shoot tannerite or just be loud and break stuff. Explosives and ATV's/Dirtbikes are a must when you have land. lol Take it easy brother

- Colt LE6940
- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22
- Mosin Nagant M91/30

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Old 09-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMulisha View Post
Oh okay, I have driven through Ohio on my way to Detroit but never actually stopped. Yea Fall is the best for sure, the prettiest and most comfortable season, for me any way... I tend to run hot so cooler weather suits me. I hope you get a chance to go to the range, I hate waiting long periods of time in between shooting, It makes me a tad rusty and well just bored haha. It is nice to have property that is for damn sure. The best though is my uncle Mark's property in Greenwood, SC. He has 88 acres with a fresh water well, creek, and ponds. It has a lot of game, Deer, Turkey, Duck, Dove, Hogs, Geese, etc. We have this area we shoot in that I dubbed "the Pit" and also "Little Vietnam". The pit because well thats what it is. Its a little hike down a hill into a pit with a 40 foot berm going around 180 degrees of it. So it drowns out the noise and also is very safe. We call it little Vietnam due to the jungle type sounds from the birds and other insects and animals and also its very hot and humid down there in the summer. Tons of snakes, spiders, bullet casings and the sounds of gunfire, so Vietnam suits it lol. It is about 50 minutes away from where I live though. However it is totally worth it when you want to go all out and shoot tannerite or just be loud and break stuff. Explosives and ATV's/Dirtbikes are a must when you have land. lol Take it easy brother
Are you trying to make me jealous!! LOL I get to go to the range 1 or 2 times a month, right now I'm itching to take out the Mosin Nagant I just picked up Friday... I'm off tomorrow, but the range is closed on Mondays
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Are you trying to make me jealous!! LOL I get to go to the range 1 or 2 times a month, right now I'm itching to take out the Mosin Nagant I just picked up Friday... I'm off tomorrow, but the range is closed on Mondays
Hahaha, no you can always come visit and I will show you around the beautiful upstate. Y'all Ohioans are already migrating here anyway lol. I love Mosins, I got an M91/30 from 1940. It came with a Belarus Scope and an ATI Stock that I painted OD Green. I found a bipod in the trash at a gun range, just needed a nut. Also I purchased a $4 ammo sleeve for the stock. I bought the rifle for $90 from a friend. Not bad, thats why I love Mosins. I mean where else you gonna get that much rifle for a cheap price. Mosin is the way to go. Good round as well.

- Colt LE6940
- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22
- Mosin Nagant M91/30

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 18081
I'm enjoying the cooler weather here, makes wearing body armor more pleasant!

I wish I was back home to go camping in the Shenandoah Valley, enjoy it guys!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 39228
the other day i got the last 6pack of oktoberfest at walmart...i felt satisfied with myseld. XDMulisha, come down to north georgia and lets shoot stuff, its feelin pretty good down here as well. just dont carry concealed

BOTL
mAKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 44899
Quote:
Bet we are pretty close! Love fall but unfortunately, I live in the burbs, Not like crowded burbs but crowded enough to where I can't walk out my back door and shoot Dont have property to shoot at either sooooo I don't get the full effect...Somedy! Gotta love camping season and bonfires when I do get to go out though!
XD K7inne09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar15, camping, fall shooting, hiking, hunting

Search tags for this page

camping hiking shooting

can you take a gun camping

dayton maine shooting pit

jacket or sweatshirt ar 50 degrees

places to shoot in dayton maine

places to target shoot around phoenix az

shooting and camping

shooting pits in dayton me

target world sucks

where can i go hiking and shooting

which xdm for camping hiking

who is ready for some camping..

Click on a term to search for related topics.