• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Huldra

This is a discussion on Huldra within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Huldra Arms - Gas Piston Rifles i may be the last one to have seen this but has anyone shot one of these, what are ...

Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54180
Huldra

Huldra Arms - Gas Piston Rifles

i may be the last one to have seen this but has anyone shot one of these, what are they like? im thinking of buying a upper in 5.45 cuz the ammo is super cheap.

In order of ownership -Winchester 1300 Ranger 20ga -Mossberg 835 12ga -Savage 111 .270 -Winchester SX2 12ga -Savage .22 -Winchester 9410 .410ga -Wife's Benelli M2 20ga -Springfield XD 9mm -DPMS Oracale .223 -Wife's Walther PK380 .380
DURAGAS 8.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63333
huldra arms

I have had one of the Tactical Elite Models since last June. I was asked to do some evaluating on it. I am a current LE officer and firearms instructor. I am by no means a gun writer or evaluater. I do have a serious interest in firearms though. The reason I was handed one was that I was not a believer in the piston system. I didn't have any issues with the DI system. I couldn't turn down borrowing a gun for awhile to shoot it and see what I thought. I do have some torture testing planned for it such as sand, mud and water. This winter I would like to do some torture testing in the deep snow and freezing temps. I will be doing some accuracy stuff as well with different bullet weights.

Huldra Arms is manufactured by Adams Arms. Adams Arms does not make(to my knowledge) any complete guns as of yet under their own name(I may be wrong so don't hold me to it). Huldra Arms is part of the Mills Fleet Farm stores in the Upper Midwest. Huldra/Mills Fleet Farm has a 3 gun team and they use these rifles and have not had any issues with them. The founder of the Huldra(3rd generation of the Mills Fleet Farm stores) ran 2 of them in a 3 day carbine course with Trident Concepts. I was present in that course and he did not have anything go wrong with either rifle.

I have only put about 500 rds through the one I have. I know that is not a lot of ammo obviously but I will be running it in a 3 day carbine course put on by Trident Concepts(2000 rds in 3 days) in a couple of weeks. I have zeroed it at 50 meters and have hit targets at 300 meters no problem(in the prone unsupported. optic is an Aimpoint M2).

This is my first piston ar. My 6 others are all DI. Its slightly heavier. I don't notice much difference in recoil. If anything it might be less with the piston gun. The rails are made by Samson Manufacturing and seem pretty good. I have Knights Armament and Troy Ind. on my other guns.

I've ran about 4 different brands of ammo through it and it seems to digest them just fine. I have ran pmags,gi mags, hk mags with it and have had no issues.

I haven't ran any steel cased ammo in it but I did see on youtube where they(Huldra Arms) have ran over 4000 rds through their 5.45 model before it hiccupped. They didn't lube or clean it. I think they were using the corrosive russian ammo.

So far so good. I like it. I do like the idea of getting an upper in 5.45 since the ammo is so much cheaper.

If you have any other questions go to m4carbine.net. They have a whole forum on the Huldra line of rifles. A lot of questions are answered there.

I am on that forum along with guys from Hudra Arms. Good luck and I hope I have answered some questions for you.
bravoguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Just an FYI....I just completed a 3 day Combative Carbine 2 course yesterday and my rifle ran great. 2000 rds in 3 days. I had only one malfunction which was a combination of my magazine and me slamming the mag in too hard which caused a round to come loose and cause a double feed. I did not clean the rifle. Just kept it lubed. All together I have 3000 rds through it now(had it since mid June) and its been running good. I did a 50 yd zero and had a 5 shot group I could cover with a penny. Not bad for a gun right out of the box with remanufactured ammo. If you get a chance check these rifles out.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 51259
Do they have their own roll-marked lowers?

I might want one just because its a Huldra.
ksbsnowowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

As of right now they do not but I have been told that may be something they may do in the future.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Just an update on the Huldra rifles. 2 LE agencies in my area will be purchasing several of the Huldra carbines to put in their squad cars.
Also the local community college will be buying several to add to their LE firearms program. The Huldras are performing quite well.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Yesterday I put a few different loads on paper with my Huldra Tactical Elite.

I zeroed it with Ultramax 55 gr sp. I actually got my best group with that load. Well under an inch at 100 yds.

I shot a Fiocchi 77 gr hp. This group was just a bit larger than an inch group.

The third shot group was with a Federal 55 gr sp. As you can see in the picture I threw 2 rds way out.

I shot some Wolf 55 gr sp but wasn't worth posting a photo. My group was all over at about 5 inches. I shot this ammo earlier and probably had the group at about 3 inches. Obviously not a quality round as I have heard this before about russian ammo.

Temperature yesterday was about 27 degrees(northern MN). I was shooting in the prone using sand bags as my rests. I probably should have used a shooting vise of some sort but did not have one available. My scope was a Nikon M223 2-8x32.

Thought I would share this to answer some of the questions on this thread.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Huldra-55-gr-sp.jpg   Huldra-fiocchi-77-gr-hp.jpg   Huldra-zero-2.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54180
bravo are you s.mills

In order of ownership -Winchester 1300 Ranger 20ga -Mossberg 835 12ga -Savage 111 .270 -Winchester SX2 12ga -Savage .22 -Winchester 9410 .410ga -Wife's Benelli M2 20ga -Springfield XD 9mm -DPMS Oracale .223 -Wife's Walther PK380 .380
DURAGAS 8.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Duragas,

I am not S Mills. I am former military, current LEO, firearms instructor, AR15/Glock armorer and I do help S Mills out with T and E of the Huldra line. Feel free to IM me if you have any other questions. Are you in MN? If so maybe we can get a Huldra in your hands to shoot.

Mike
Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32214
These look very nice. The Mark IV is awesome. Now where did I leave my wallet at...

4.5 XDM 40S&W
4.5 Bitone XDM 9mm
Ruger P90 45ACP
Mossberg 930SPX Tactical Shotgun
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

PSA M4 Carbine with Vortex Viper PST Optic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
1xdmshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
huldra
huldra 5.45 review
huldra 5.45 upper review
huldra ar 15 reviews
huldra ar-15 reviews
huldra arms
huldra arms mark iv review
huldra arms problems

huldra arms review

huldra arms reviews

huldra mark iv review

huldra review
huldra reviews
huldra rifle reviews
huldra tactical elite
huldra upper review
Click on a term to search for related topics.