• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Palmetto State Armory uppers

This is a discussion on Palmetto State Armory uppers within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I keep going back to their website...Complete upper with BCG and CH for $399...anyone have any experience with these uppers? They seem good but I ...

Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47086
Palmetto State Armory uppers

I keep going back to their website...Complete upper with BCG and CH for $399...anyone have any experience with these uppers? They seem good but I can't find many reviews on the web...is this GTG or am I much better off spending the extra loot on BCM?

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

"The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
-Winston Churchill
MarkWVU02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11014
Didn't see any post ban uppers listed.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36250
I handled one of their rifles the last time I was in there (I know, handling one is a lot different than owning/ shooting one for an extended period of time). They seem well built, and they seem to have good overall quality/ fit and finish. The specs seem to be gtg.

You're right though, I can't seem to find any reviews. I found random post of people looking for the same thing. People are definitely buying them though, per a discussion about turn-around time on a different forum. Many people didn't realise that PSA builds to order.

I figure more reviews will come in time. I plan on build a short barreled set up once PSA comes up with some short barreled uppers.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47086
Don't need a post ban upper. All I'd have to do is grind down the bayonet lug and permanently attach a brake. I'd have to do that with the BCM I was looking at also. I guess I have to decide if I want to be a guinea pig or not.

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

"The best argument against Democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
-Winston Churchill
MarkWVU02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44205
Rumor has it that PSA lowers and uppers are actually manufactured by Spikes. Note the bolt etching and other similar characteristics.

Do or do not, there is no try. - Little Green Wrinkly dude

What do I know of YOU, who spoke me into motion - Addison Road "What do I know of Holy"

Removed gun count cause I lost them all...tragic.
Jvance325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 37026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvance325 View Post
Rumor has it that PSA lowers and uppers are actually manufactured by Spikes. Note the bolt etching and other similar characteristics.
PSA lowers are made by the same manufacturer of Spikes lowers: Aero Precision. I have built a few PSA lowers and Aero lowers and they are good to go. Also have a few PSA uppers that are running great. The 16" SS Wylde chamber upper holds some decent groups.
Lincoln7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 26668
Interesting...have never heard a thing bad about Aero. I saw this upper yesterday and it looked very tempting.

Palmetto State Armory 16'' 5.56 Nato Mock Dissipator MOE Upper with carbine gas system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Bultx1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
PSA lowers are made by the same manufacturer of Spikes lowers: Aero Precision. I have built a few PSA lowers and Aero lowers and they are good to go. Also have a few PSA uppers that are running great. The 16" SS Wylde chamber upper holds some decent groups.

I'm not sure exactly who makes Spikes' receivers at the moment, though I'm positive, that it's not Spikes as Jvance325 has stated if I didn't read it wrong.

Spikes Tactical has had more than 1 company make their lowers over the years. This is very evident if you own their older stuff. The text font isn't even the same on various (spikes' marked) lowers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
palmetto state armory 223 wydle upper reviews
palmetto state armory pencil barrel reviews

palmetto state armory review

palmetto state armory upper review

palmetto state armory upper reviews
palmetto state upper reviews
palmetto upper
palmetto upper receiver
palmetto upper receiver reviews
palmetto upper review
palmetto uppers
psa upper receiver review

psa upper review

psa upper reviews
psa uppers any good
who makes psa uppers
Click on a term to search for related topics.