• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

First build need help choosing lower

This is a discussion on First build need help choosing lower within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Looking to start a build, now days there are so many manufactures with stripped lowers. Who should I go with? This is going to be ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » First build need help choosing lower

Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15568
First build need help choosing lower

Looking to start a build, now days there are so many manufactures with stripped lowers. Who should I go with? This is going to be a budget build for range/free time use. Which manufactures should I stay away from?
JohnAkaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35980
Go with a Spikes Tactical.... And thats all I have to say about that. Good luck with your build I just finished my first a few days ago. Was ALOT easier then I thought it would be. Youtube is a amazing place for step by step videos.
72SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 54240
I don't think you can go wrong with Spike's....especially on a budget....Just ordered one last month and I'm just waiting on it to get here....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

XD .45 ACP Service w/ TruGlo TFO Sights
XD 9mm Subcompact
Springfield Mil Spec 1911
Hammer of Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 39151
cant beat the quality/price of the spikes, should be about $80 shipped from aimsurplus. i recently did my first build with the spikes stripped lower and am completely happy with it
blawson327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
Spikes makes quality stuff only they are extremely behind on orders. I ordered my Punisher lower (seen below) back on April 19th and was told it would be 4–6 weeks before my order would ship. They are now telling me that it may be up to 8 weeks before they can ship and they are looking for new forging companies to keep up with orders placed...

Here is a current letter from Spike's President:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/ourcustomers.jpg

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
  • Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
Try Palmetto State Armory. They actually have lowers in stock with no 8 week wait.

PSA AR15 Lower
Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdxpilot View Post
Try Palmetto State Armory. They actually have lowers in stock with no 8 week wait.

PSA AR15 Lower
+1

I'm actually partial to their Gadsden flag lower myself. If they're at the gun show here next Saturday or in Columbia the week after I plan on picking one up. If their not at either I'll just ride by the storefront when I'm in Columbia next.
gthrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 16050
Due to a combination of transfer fees ($50 a pop) and teh fact that I like convenience, I have purchased lowers that I can readily obtain at or through my local shop. They're not the most favorite brands out there, but I have had zero issues with DPMS and CMMG stripped lowers.

Whatever rollmark you like and however you want to obtain it is up to you. The question of 'which lower should I get' can get pretty subjective. Chances are pretty good that if you stick with a known brand, you'll be OK.

Melange still races...
hikeeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32882
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthrift View Post
+1

I'm actually partial to their Gadsden flag lower myself. If they're at the gun show here next Saturday or in Columbia the week after I plan on picking one up. If their not at either I'll just ride by the storefront when I'm in Columbia next.

My next lower will be Palmetto's Gadsden flag lower...
I just couldn't pass up on the punisher lower from Spike's with me being a huge comic book geek, LOL.

I am surprised that they have not advertised the gun show in Charleston...Is it next Saturday? I thought it was later in June....

• Harrington & Richardson Model 088 Shotgun
  • Del-Ton 16" carbine AR-15

Luke 22:36

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
Shaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35261
My next build will be a PSA lower or one of these.

Surplus Arms & Ammo LOW15 Stripped AR Lower Receiver

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page

black dawn ar 15 review

black dawn ar-15 review

black dawn armory review

black dawn armory reviews

black dawn lower

black dawn lower receiver

black dawn lower receiver review

black dawn lower review

black dawn stripped lower
black dawn stripped lower review
black dawn stripped upper reviews

black dawn upper receiver review

black dawn upper receiver reviews

black dawn upper review

black dawn upper reviews

choosing a lower receiver

Click on a term to search for related topics.