• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

ALMOST FINISHED, my first AR!!! *with pics*

This is a discussion on ALMOST FINISHED, my first AR!!! *with pics* within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; picked up my upper today along with a few other goodies, all i'm waiting on now is the rail and the buffer tube assembly. talked ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » ALMOST FINISHED, my first AR!!! *with pics*

Old 05-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 41424
picked up my upper today along with a few other goodies, all i'm waiting on now is the rail and the buffer tube assembly. talked to ups today and it has in fact been confirmed that they did lose my buffer tube. idiots. not the first time they've lost something. my rail should be here by the end of next week, hopefully. i got an 11" TROY standard battle free float rail. this baby's gonna be sexy when she's all done up!!! its a JD upper, decided to go with that cause i knew it would obviously have a perfect fit with my JD lower and the finish would be an exact match. also got my CTR stock, BAD lever, MBUS sights, pmag and some XTM rail covers that i forgot to shoot in the pic.

JD machine tech lower
Doublestar LPK
JD M4 upper
JD forged charging handle.
JD low profile gas block
Citadel 16" 5.56 Nato 1-9 twist 416 stainless mid length barrel bead blasted matte.
Mil spec bolt, chrome lined carrier and gas key, side staked.
And a missing spike's tactical buffer tube assembly!!

some of you already know that i was planning on ordering the spikes tactical upper....but i decided to not go that route because of the 12 week wait! i wanna shoot it now!!!

Last edited by xmattedgex; 05-15-2011 at 09:30 AM.
xmattedgex is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Congrats.

I too was surprised by magpul, I have always heard of great poducts and customer support, but when I ordered my parts from them, it took a week to ship. I called a few days after ordering online and they said they had all the parts instock, but they had to pull my order. 3 days later it shipped.

Not complaining, just was surprised.

Point being is don't worry to much about magpul, they will ship as soon as they can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35261
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattedgex View Post
i just purchased my JD machine tech lower and sadly because i live in CA, i have to wait 10 days before picking it up, i get to pick it up on Wednesday! cant wait, i'm one of those really impatient people that would rather drive 2 hours to buy what i want from a store than order it online and wait 3-10 days for it to show up at my door step. i also just bought my doublestar LPK, and a bullet button, and i ordered a spikes tactical buffer tube assembly and magpul ctr stock, which still hasn't shipped yet so hopefully it will ship within the next week. soon as my tax return gets here i'm going to be order a spike's tactical upper and the 10 week wait on that is going to kill me!!!
i'll get some pics up when i pick up my lower and keep this thread updated as i add new parts, be ready for one sexy gun!
You have to wait 10 days for the upper as well? In GA, they just shipped that right to my door, since it isn't the part with the serial number on it.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

I actually bought my magpul stock from spikes with the buffer tube.

And I only have to wait 10 days on the lower, not anything else.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

just updated with pics! check out the first post!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Old Timer

Member #: 41775
Looking good...Good luck and enjoy the new build...
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
Peace maker..

Member #: 8471
I want to see the finished product!
justgotback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgotback View Post
I want to see the finished product!
you and me both!!! the wait for the spike's upper is killing me, its gonna be at least 10-12 weeks!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post
Congrats.

I too was surprised by magpul, I have always heard of great poducts and customer support, but when I ordered my parts from them, it took a week to ship. I called a few days after ordering online and they said they had all the parts instock, but they had to pull my order. 3 days later it shipped.

Not complaining, just was surprised.

Point being is don't worry to much about magpul, they will ship as soon as they can
its better to order magpul stuff from other sites, like AIM Surplus, they give free shipping on magpul products anyways. Price is the same so theres no reason to order from magpuls website
Old 05-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
its better to order magpul stuff from other sites, like AIM Surplus, they give free shipping on magpul products anyways. Price is the same so theres no reason to order from magpuls website
Yeah, I figured that one out the hard way.....lol

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
ar-10 jd upper lower
jd machine tech m4

omega buffer tube

omega buffer tube kit

omega buffer tube review

omega manufacturing ar 15
omega manufacturing barrel review
omega manufacturing buffer tube
omega mfg barrel review

omega mfg buffer tube

omega mfg buffer tube review

omega mfg review
omega tactical buffer review

omega tactical inc

omega tactical manufacturing

omega tactical manufacturing review
Click on a term to search for related topics.