• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Robinson Armament XCR -L

This is a discussion on Robinson Armament XCR -L within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Does anyone have any knowledge to share about this rifle? I have come across it i a magazine I was reading and then visited there ...

Old 10-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49051
Question Robinson Armament XCR -L

Does anyone have any knowledge to share about this rifle? I have come across it i a magazine I was reading and then visited there website. I have to say that it is a sexy looking rifle. Does anyone out there have one that they comment on or have handled one to say whether it is a good buy or not?

I am interested in getting one in the 7.62x39 configuration.

I would really appreciate all your input and or comments.

Why choose the XCR? Company website.

Still to purchase: XDM .40/XD .45 Tactical BLK & FDE/XDsc 9mm/XDsc .40/XDM 9mm/Remington 700 SPS Tactical/Del-Ton M4/SIG556/SIG522/Mossberg 930 SX

Maybe: RRA LAR-9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Geaux Tigers!!
Who Dat!!
booseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Thanks, adding another bookmark in my AR folder. Never heard of them before, but seems like there are some many black rifle companies out there.

Their SBR (Micro) looks sweet.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 44460
I'm not a big fan of FDE, but, I gotta say, this thing looks friggin' SWEET!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
TMP
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 21084
They look pretty dope. I would def rock off some rounds with either one of those!
TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42604
Looks like a HK G3 and an AR mated. Not a bad thing either.
MARSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44924
One of my shooting buddies has an XCR in 5.56. It is an awesome shooter! I can nail a 1 gallon water jug at 150 yards off hand with it, and it only has a 7 MOA reddot mounted on it The action is AK-ish, and the fire controls are more like an AR. If I had the money for it I would have one now. I'm not familiar with the 6.8/7.62 versions, but the 5.56 takes standard AR mags. The barrel has standard AR threading for brakes and flash hiding devices. It's super easy to break down, and has an easily tunable gas port.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39092
Its a Piston rifle that touts adaptability, just as the SCAR and ACR do. It was in the running for the next service rifle but was dropped early on, I dont know why. Ive seen a few in person, they are very tall rifles, but Im sure they would be great for the average shooter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
xdfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
You guys that have never heard of Robinson Arms before need to get out from under your rock.

The XCR was entered into the latest bid for US military rifle (but was disqualified on a technicality).

Oh, and it's not really an AR (it's more Kalashnikov in design [Don't let the magazine fool you])

|
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32876
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
You guys that have never heard of Robinson Arms before need to get out from under your rock.

The XCR was entered into the latest bid for US military rifle (but was disqualified on a technicality).

Oh, and it's not really an AR (it's more Kalashnikov in design [Don't let the magazine fool you])
I wanted the XCR before I finally decided on my first AR15...an LMT carbine.
"I know the urge to arm yourself, because thatís what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995
Uriel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49051
I have been watching videos on YouTube of the XCR. I was really considering the 7.62 but after watching the videos I have decided against it. I will however still be considering the 5.56 as an additional purchase. If you watch the video of the 300 round break in and test run you will see that he had 30 malfunctions. He did state that he sent the BBL back and they realized that the gas ports? were way to big and sent him a replacement BBL and that solved the problem. But IMHO if I am paying almost $2000 for a pretty much stock gun then it should not have any of those type of problems.

I am very interested in the set-up and that it is a Piston driven system.

And Nalioth is correct, they were in the process of bidding on the new weapon system for the US Military but were disqualified for having some paperwork sent in a little late. Anyone that has worked with or for the military knows that will kill you every time.

Still to purchase: XDM .40/XD .45 Tactical BLK & FDE/XDsc 9mm/XDsc .40/XDM 9mm/Remington 700 SPS Tactical/Del-Ton M4/SIG556/SIG522/Mossberg 930 SX

Maybe: RRA LAR-9

Geaux Tigers!!
Who Dat!!
booseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

robarm, robinson armament, xcr

Search tags for this page
robinson armament xcr-l review
robinson arms

robinson arms xcr l review

robinson arms xcr review
robinson arms xcr review 2012

robinson arms xcr-l review

robinson arms xcr-l reviews
robinson xcr review

robinson xcr-l review

xcr forum

xcr l review
xcr l standard

xcr-l review

xcr-l reviews

xcr-l standard review

xcr-l standard reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.