• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Question about MI-T series handguards?

This is a discussion on Question about MI-T series handguards? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I know there were a few recent threads on handguards but after reading through and doing some google searching I was unable to find an ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Question about MI-T series handguards?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 35733
Question about MI-T series handguards?

I know there were a few recent threads on handguards but after reading through and doing some google searching I was unable to find an answer.

I have a BCM 16" Middy with F marked sight base and I bought a MI-T10 freefloat handguard last night along with a YHM short gas block. I was about to also purchase the MI trim ring but I didn't know if it would fit in front of the gas block. Does anyone have this setup that can let me know if thats possible?

Also can you use an armorer's wrench to install the barrel nut that comes with the MI handguards? When looking at the special tools on MI's website their barrel nut wrench is a two-pin spanner wrench but I see no way of using a torque wrench with their specific tool. I thought barrel nuts had to be torqued to 50 Ft/lb and back 3 times before a final torque? I would think it'd be kind of silly to add a free float system to improve accuracy, yet torque the barrel without some way of measuring torque on the nut. I was looking at a few armorers tools online and saw they had a 3 pin spanner wrench plus the 1/2" drive square for a torque wrench, would that be compatible with the MI barrel nut?

I can't wait to get it all installed next week and hit the range. Thanks for the help guys.
VDubbinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
ar which mi handguard
install mi t 10 free float handguard
install mi t handguard
mi barrel nut torque
mi handguard wrench
mi t -12 handgaurd
mi t series
mi t series 15 handguard

mi t series handguard

mi t series handguards
mi t series trim ring
mi t-series
mi t-series install

mi t10 handguard

trim ring on ff handguards
Click on a term to search for related topics.