• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

EOTech 3x Magnifier help with LE6940

This is a discussion on EOTech 3x Magnifier help with LE6940 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Hi guys, I am in the Market for a EOTech 3x Magnifier with a flip to side mount. The lowest I can find them is ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » EOTech 3x Magnifier help with LE6940

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39825
EOTech 3x Magnifier help with LE6940

Hi guys, I am in the Market for a EOTech 3x Magnifier with a flip to side mount. The lowest I can find them is around the $500 mark, I mean thats more than I paid for my EOTech 512. What makes it so expensive? Does anyone know of another option? Found one for $485 on some website but now the site doesn't exist anymore. I really would like to get a better deal. Should I have just bought the Trijicon ACOG for the price I would have to spend for an EOTech 512 and Magnifier. Should I sell the EOTech and then buy ACOG, or save for ACOG and kepp EOTech for my AK-47, There are so many options, I need help deciding, or if anyone knows of a way for me to save money and go with a better option let my know. The firearm is a Colt LE6940 with EOTech 515 and Flip up rear Matech sights, and flip up front, all stock sights.

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me

Last edited by XDMulisha; 03-16-2010 at 01:35 AM.
XDMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Here is a Picture for Reference Disregard the Pistol

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
Old 03-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
IMO it is a tough decision between just getting an ACOG vs EOTECH + 3x mag. I think that the eotech w/ mag may have an edge against the ACOG just cause it is a regular non-mag. holo that can be switched from regular holo sight to mag. holo sight. I would like to see the pair in person and compare it to the ACOG just to see how well the 3x mag. works w/ the eotech.

Pt 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

How to: Duracoat your XDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

yea ill probably buy the magnifier, and also that PRP Trigger kit for my XDM .40, thats an amazing difference in those videos

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 44384
I would go with Eotech and 3x or 4x. always nice to switch to no magnafication. Just my opinion and my plan for my AR
marksmanwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
Been searching around for an optic and this is what I came up with. Best of both worlds for a CQB and mid range scope. It's not as good as a regular red dot, but its nice to know that you can switch from 1x to 4x with a turn of a knob, plus the added benefit of having a illuminated reticle and a regular black reticle if the battery dies.

Millett 1-4x24 DMS / P.E.P.R. Combo

Burris also has one called XTR-14 same concept

Pt 2

How to: Duracoat your XDM

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

that burris is sweet, but i think im gonna go with the EOTech Magnifier at some point. Can't shell out $500 right now, Now i gotta find out if the magnifier will clear my Matech rear flip up sight, hopefully it does so i dont have to remove it, that way i can have Irons, EOTech, and Magnifier. That way I can switch to whichever best suits the situation

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 17949
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
Been searching around for an optic and this is what I came up with. Best of both worlds for a CQB and mid range scope. It's not as good as a regular red dot, but its nice to know that you can switch from 1x to 4x with a turn of a knob, plus the added benefit of having a illuminated reticle and a regular black reticle if the battery dies.

Millett 1-4x24 DMS / P.E.P.R. Combo

Burris also has one called XTR-14 same concept
I like that setup. Maybe if I get another rifle I will try that setup.
SHOOTER61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 16859
look at the primary arms magnifier they are only 89 and have had good reviews. I plan on getting a larue flip to the side mount to quickly switch between mag and none. my 2 cents
Old 03-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

ok im doing the primary arms one, its so much cheaper and looks the same lol. all it does is magnify, so it can't be to crappy huh? Thanks dashotgun! I am gonna order one, now I can afford this and the Adam Arms Retro-fit gas piston conversion kit for my AR.

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

acog, ar15, eotech, help with, magnifier

Search tags for this page
best magnifier for eotech
best magnifier for eotech 512
burris magnifier review
eotech 100% co-witness on colt le6940?
eotech 515 review
eotech and magnifier review
eotech hhs 2 review

eotech magnifier review

eotech magnifier reviews
eotech with magnifier review
review eotech magnifier
will the 6940 co witness with an eotech
Click on a term to search for related topics.