• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Charles Daly-Out of Business

This is a discussion on Charles Daly-Out of Business within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; As bas as I hate to see this happen, I can't help but wonder if it's because Charles Daly got into the AR market. We ...

Old 01-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11014
Charles Daly-Out of Business

As bas as I hate to see this happen, I can't help but wonder if it's because Charles Daly got into the AR market.

We all know that Remington (Cerberus) owns a big chunk of the AR market but it's not too public that Remington bought out their (Charles Daly's) Czech manufacturer right out from under their contract leaving them with no one to supply the weapons.

It also probably doesn't help matters any that their CD 12 gauge shotguns are so similiar to the 870.

I think this is just a prime example of why having one super company owning such a big portion of the marketplace can be a bad thing.

The Rumors are True! - The Charles Daly Forums

Quote:
--------------------------------------
To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements, please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

We will allow this forum to remain open as long as all discourse remains civil. If any posts deteriorate to a level that is beneath the standards of this forum then the forum will be closed to all posters and will only exist for announcements from KBI.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, this forum and Charles Daly these past 20 years. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly and CD Defense. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
if you give them an inch, eventually they will be a ruler.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 6815
I hate seeing people lose their jobs. That's too bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 33473
Dang! I just sold my CD lower.
Planedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
charles daly 20 gauge pump
charles daly 20 gauge pump shotgun
charles daly 20 gauge pump shotgun price
charles daly ar 15 for sale
charles daly ar 15 lower for sale
charles daly ar 15 prices
charles daly ar 15 review
charles daly ar 15 sale

charles daly forum

charlesdalyforum.com
is charles daly out of business
is charles daly still in business
who bought charles daly
who bought out charles daly
who owns charles daly
www.charlesdalyforum.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.