• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

I think I found my AR - Colt 6920

This is a discussion on I think I found my AR - Colt 6920 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I think I found my AR.. Any opinions? Everything I've already read/heard have been nothing but great, but I always like to hear from my ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » I think I found my AR - Colt 6920

Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38712
I think I found my AR - Colt 6920

I think I found my AR.. Any opinions? Everything I've already read/heard have been nothing but great, but I always like to hear from my forum pals. And prices on them have come back down so that's a plus too..
Cagleicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Colt is always a good choice. But I would also consider Bravo Company. their quality is in line with Colt and they have a life time warranty. Colt Does not.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 40901
Just want to put this as food for thought...

I have a Colt LE6920 and its my DI AR15 of choice.
As you will first see your Colt:

I clean this firearm after each shooting session and it has performed perfectly. Very happy with this DI AR15.

You may also want to consider gas piston AR15s before making the plunge, I also have a Ruger SR556 and its been a perfect performer. They are both around the same cost.

Typical first viewing of a SR556:

I really like to shoot my LE6920 but the SR556 is a sweet shooting midlength piston AR15.

Good luck with your decision! I could not decide and got both.
goretro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
....I would also consider Bravo Company. their quality is in line with Colt and they have a life time warranty. Colt Does not.
Pat

+1. Go Bravo. I have only had the chance to actually shoot one BCM build. I'm no metallurgist, but it seemed to be good quality to me.
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 37792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
Colt is always a good choice. But I would also consider Bravo Company. their quality is in line with Colt and they have a life time warranty. Colt Does not.
Pat
CMMG offers a lifetime as well. Never fired a Bravo or a CMMG, but from what I have heard they are both high quality, hence the lifetime warranty, I would imagine.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 32876
Can't go wrong. Buy it, shoot the hell out of it and be happy. If you care about resale value then the Colt wins there, but as Alaskapiggy (hehe just messin with you dude your alright in my book and I'm jealous because you have cooler guns than I do) pointed out Bravo Company's lifetime warranty rules.

Also, don't put past building your own AR. It seems intimidating at first, but they are so simple that once you actually build one its practically embarrassing that you were first intimidated by the idea of building one. It potentially saves a lot of money building one or if you really go all out you get absolutely every piece and part you want making the perfect custom gun.
"I know the urge to arm yourself, because thatís what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995
Uriel999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelongone13 View Post
CMMG offers a lifetime as well. Never fired a Bravo or a CMMG, but from what I have heard they are both high quality, hence the lifetime warranty, I would imagine.
I had a bad experience with a CMMG lower (stripped) The pin holes were all very tight. I ended up busting the portion of the receiver that holds the trigger guard pin towards the pistol grip. That and it was super tight with PMags. Tight to the point you had to yank the mags out of the well. I will never try CMMG again.
pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
I have two CMMG lowers and they drop pmags free
Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
...If you care about resale value then the Colt wins there...

Good point here. Colt has a lot of blindly devoted fan-boys so you should have less problem selling a colt should you want to get rid of it.

Is the BCM warranty transferable? If so... BCM for the win. A colt fan-boy would have a hard time turning down a transferable life-time warranty I think.

Last edited by chupacabrachus; 12-31-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: I was repeating myself.
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Warranties, smaranties. What good is a Bravo warranty, if Bravo's out of business? Small companies like Bravo don't tend to go on forever. I'm not enamored with Colt, and believe that I can build a rifle as good or better than any Colt ever built; however, I wouldn't recommend against the Colt, just because of a warranty. I believe Hi Point offers a lifetime warranty. You really think the warranty should be the deciding factor, when choosing a firearm?
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
bipod colt 6920
bipod for colt 6920

bravo company vs colt

colt 6920 bipod

colt 6920 cleaning

colt 6920 warranty

colt ar 15 warranty

colt ar15 6920 warrenty
colt le6920 bipod

colt le6920 warranty

does colt hae liftime warranty
how to make a colt 6920 full auto
how to make a colt le6920 fully automatic
how to make colt le 6920 full auto
le6920 full auto
what is the warranty like on the colt 6920
Click on a term to search for related topics.