• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sig sts-081 mini red dot

This is a discussion on Sig sts-081 mini red dot within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I didn't know where to post this. Figured that AR guys generally have experience with different optics. Tried to search this site and also google ...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27215
Sig sts-081 mini red dot

I didn't know where to post this. Figured that AR guys generally have experience with different optics. Tried to search this site and also google with poor results.
Does anybody have any experience/opinions with this red dot? I know that Sig doesn't make it, but I can't see them putting their name on a complete peice of junk.
I am looking for a mini red dot to try on an AK, have never used a mini dot. Don't want to pony up for a aimpoint h1 at this time as it would cut way into my ammo budget. I figure I can try a cheaper setup and if I fall in love with it upgrade later, pushing the cheap one on to some other gun(mabey hunting shotgun or .22) but don't want to wase money on something that is useless
What do you think the best mini dots for the money is? This one goes for about $150 I guess. I know bushnell makes one that looks similar, as do a couple other companies.
Will it stand up to recoil impulse of AK?
Sig site says up to 8000 hours on position 1, but what does that equate to on higher settings? Durable?
Any ideas or sugestions would be appreatiated greatly....

SIG Store
adam_lakesuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23857
I am interested in this sight as well. I don't have one, but I hope some folks with actual experience respond and report.

Chapie+
Chapie+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Sig Sauer iTAC STS-081 Mini Red Dot Sight - Thought or comments? - AR15.COM

Last edited by mvician; 08-04-2009 at 11:21 AM.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27215
Thank you for the link mvician.
After reading that and the thread that is linked from that page, I am a little dissapointed. I didn't expect this sight to be universally loved, but also am surprised nobody chimed in with "I''ve got one and it works well for me, does just what it is supposed to do" kind of comment.
Also seemed like some thought the konus mrd would be just as good for $50 less.
Anybody here ever use the konus sight? From what i've been able to read a couple of people think looking through this sight is like looking through a vodka bottle.
Anybody have a mini red dot that is not an aimpoint that they accually like?
Or a buddy who has one that he likes?
adam_lakesuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
You will find that any of these sights that "look like" the original brand is going to fall short of the real thing. You may get one and it may hold up quite well with decent results if treated kindly.

Here is one on arfcom from Primary Arms for $89 and these guys in that thread seem to love them. He is out of stock right now but has an order coming in.

Primary Arms MICRO DOT (SOLD OUT) - AR15.COM
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23857
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
You will find that any of these sights that "look like" the original brand is going to fall short of the real thing. You may get one and it may hold up quite well with decent results if treated kindly.

Here is one on arfcom from Primary Arms for $89 and these guys in that thread seem to love them. He is out of stock right now but has an order coming in.

Primary Arms MICRO DOT (SOLD OUT) - AR15.COM
I have not heard of "Primary Arms" before. Has anyone on here done business with them? The price on their optics and magnifiers is very reasonable.

Chapie+
Chapie+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
my friend has a M3 clone from primary arms, I zeroed it last weekend, built very nice. Multi reticle model has a real sharp 2 MOA dot. I probably will end up getting one. They have good reviews on AR15.com

Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 08-05-2009 at 04:14 PM.
ForTehNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
sig mini red dot review

sig red dot review

sig red dot sight review
sig sauer mini red dot review

sig sauer red dot review

sig sauer sts 081 review

sig sauer sts-081 review

sig sts 081 review

sig sts-081 review

sts-081 mini red dot sight review

sts-081 mini red sight reviews

sts-081 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.