• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

"Best" LPK?

This is a discussion on "Best" LPK? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; What would you guys say is the "best" lower parts kit out there right now. I don't need absolute top of the line, but I ...

Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
"Best" LPK?

What would you guys say is the "best" lower parts kit out there right now. I don't need absolute top of the line, but I was less then impressed with my DPMS. I was hoping for somewhat better quality...not much, but just enough to make it noticeable. I don't like how the bolt catch wobbles, or the safety feels kinda funny when using it. Or am I pretty much stuck with that no matter what?

Also curious as to whether you can get a LPK with a better trigger anywhere. I didn't see any on the major retailer sites. Wouldn't mind hearing what everyone's favorite single stage trigger is as well for a service rifle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34260
Favorite Single Stage is Jard/Jewell for me. I use the 1.5lb trigger in my AR
LancerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 6815
I've installed Rock River lower parts in all of my carbines and I've never had a problem with any of them. Stag is also supposed to be good to go. I've heard mixed reviews on DPMS but I have no first hand experience with them.

You usually get what you pay for with AR parts.

I've just stuck with the stock triggers in all of my rifles. I'd like to build a precision rig someday and I'll look for a quality aftermarket trigger for it.

Several places including ADCO will sell lower parts kits with an optional Rock River two stage trigger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Last edited by RyanH; 04-03-2009 at 10:51 PM.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
What pull weights are good? I'm thinking 3 pounds, but not sure of that's going a little too light. Won't be doing much long range hole punching, lots of competition and use 100 yards and under...

Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
What pull weights are good? I'm thinking 3 pounds, but not sure of that's going a little too light. Won't be doing much long range hole punching, lots of competition and use 100 yards and under...
I like to keep all my competition pull weights the same 1.5lb for rifle and handgun.
LancerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
What would you guys say is the "best" lower parts kit out there right now. I don't need absolute top of the line, but I was less then impressed with my DPMS. I was hoping for somewhat better quality...not much, but just enough to make it noticeable. I don't like how the bolt catch wobbles, or the safety feels kinda funny when using it. Or am I pretty much stuck with that no matter what?

Also curious as to whether you can get a LPK with a better trigger anywhere. I didn't see any on the major retailer sites. Wouldn't mind hearing what everyone's favorite single stage trigger is as well for a service rifle.
Best is LMT but hard to get. I have used Stag, RRA and DPMS in recent builds and like Stag the best.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14903
Quote:
3.5 pounds on my duty guns and 2.5 pounds on my play guns.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA A 56876 B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page

ar lpk

ar15 best lpk

best ar 15 lpk

best ar lpk
best ar-15 lpk
best ar15 lpk

best lpk

best lpk ar15
best lpk for ar-15

best lpk for ar15

best value lpk
lpk gun
lpk rifle
stag arms lpk
stag arms lpk review
stag lpk review
Click on a term to search for related topics.