• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

shipping an ar-15 upper

This is a discussion on shipping an ar-15 upper within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; is it legal to ship a complete upper usps? I've seen the signs that say no guns on the property. if it is, do I ...

Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26355
shipping an ar-15 upper

is it legal to ship a complete upper usps? I've seen the signs that say no guns on the property. if it is, do I have to declare the upper? thanks.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
rudy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Yes it is legal....the upper is NOT a firearm.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 26172
there are no regulations on the books right now relating to shipping an upper or any other gun part (with the exception to the lower/receiver) that part with the serial number is what matters

I haven't stopped believing in god. I just stopped beliving he cares. There might be a god, there might not, but i dont think it matters. Either way were on our own.-Jace Wayland

If you want to polish your barrel click the link below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
sourpatch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16013
Question to piggy back, just currious, since the lower is the "gun" if it is shipped, does it have to ship just like a firearm (express overnight via Fedex) or does it just have to go to the FFL with no other restrictions??

Don't mean to hijack!
Hwkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 24597
I could be wrong but I believe only a handgun has to go overnight.

And no matter what it is (handgun or rifle/shotgun) it still has to go to a valid FFL holder.

As far as an AR lower, I would think it would ship as a rifle lower although the lowers can also be used as a pistol.

As far as an upper, parts is parts.
Spawnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16013
makes sense, thats for sure...
Hwkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnz View Post
And no matter what it is (handgun or rifle/shotgun) it still has to go to a valid FFL holder.
This is incorrect, sort of.

Shipping a gun - XDTalk
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10456
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
This is incorrect, sort of.

Shipping a gun - XDTalk
Kind of the point there being that if you are sending to someone in the same state, it doesn't have to go through an FFL (or at least not in the great state of Indiana). Any time I send or receive inter-state, go through an FFL. And as said previously, parts are parts, send uppers to your house.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29642
Recently, I had to ship my upper. I went to FedEx, UPS, and the USPS... and scared the **** out of people there and got into a small argument at each place. They each said they could not ship a gun or a part of a gun. I told them otherwise each time and explained to them how this part was not registered and was not an actual gun.

I finally took it to the main US Post Office, and they guy at the counter called the other places, including their small office down the street, "****** idiots." He gave me a box, bubble wrap and let me wrap it on his counter.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 14485
Here in KY the UPS store says "No concealed firearms pursuant to KRS 527.020" which means no illegally concealed weapons. KRS 527.020 states that no weapons will be concealed without a license to do so. It says weapons and not just handguns or SBRs because our CCDW license applies to nunchukus, death stars, handguns, knives with blades longer than a pocket knife (arbitrary), brass knuckles, and a couple other things I can't recall.

Besides, make a friend with a fedex/kinkos store. I have one and can overnight any of my handguns for about $16

Why I own a Grendel: "You don't shoot 6.5 bullets. You toss them in the air, they go downrange on their own."
XD9OD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page

ar upper receiver restrictions

can i send an upper reciever to my house
can i send ar15 parts to ny

can you ship upper receivers to your house

can you sip upper receivers to a househould

how to package an ar-15 upper for shipping

how to send ar lowers through mail
how to ship a ar upper
is it illegal to send ar15 parts to the philippines
isit illegal to ship a rifle upper receiver inus mail
r-15 upper shipped to my house in ohio
where to ship your ar lower
Click on a term to search for related topics.