• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Israeli Surplus 9mm

This is a discussion on Israeli Surplus 9mm within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Has anyone tried it? I just ordered 2500 rounds of it and I was warned that it has hard primers. I figured at the least ...

Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Question Israeli Surplus 9mm

Has anyone tried it?

I just ordered 2500 rounds of it and I was warned that it has hard primers. I figured at the least I could shoot it out of my 9mm Carbine, but I'd love if it would function in my XD too.

The place I ordered it from had this to say.
9mm -- IMI boxed ammo, Made in mid 1970s. 124 Grains
Hard Primers, Made for UZI

Another retailer offered Israeli 9mm and mentioned that it's +P+ ammo rated only for submachine gun use.

9MM IMI +P+ Sub-Machine Gun ammunition,
This 9MM ammunition was made by IMI in Israel in the 70's. It is for Sub-Machine gun use only. It is +P+ and the primers are set for machine gun use. The manufacturer told us that it is non-corrosive, but after testing it we are not so sure, so we are selling it as corrosive ammunition. The ammunition is brass cased boxer primed with a 115 grain lead core bullet. This ammunition is bulk packed and sold 2000 rounds to the case, with a minimum order of one case.
Stock No. 1002, 1 case $159.00, 5 cases $150.00 per case, 11 cases $145.00 per case, 25 cases and up $140.00 per case.
(In Stock)

So I wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience with this Israeli surplus 9mm.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Wow..another flashback (like beardman's 6.5 Swede ammo post below). I have not seen that stuff in a very long time.

Back in the 90s, I bought two cases of that stuff for a VERY cheap price. It was at every gun show and almost half of what you're paying for it now (ahh...the good ol days).

That stuff is VERY hot ammo. The Israleis loaded it hotter to kick the stiffer action on their Uzis. They had problems with this ammo beating their issue 92 Berettas to junk in a hurry and signed a contract with FN to build hard cast frame Hi-Powers that would take the beating of this ammo. I have one of these Hi-Powers (excellent shooter, BTW). They sold off their Hi-Powers in the late 90s (how I got mine) and went to the Glock 19, which could handle the hotter IMI 9mm ammo as well.

I ran that ammo through the Isralei Hi-Power and my old Glock 17. It was definately snappier in the recoil department, than normal 115 gr 9mm factory stuff. Accurate, but a bit filthy (like Blazers or Wolf).

I was warned by those in the know to only run this through modern, more durable 9mms, as it will beat the alloy framed 9mms and older 9mms (like Lugers, Walther P38s and M-96 Mausers) to junk real fast. If you're going to run that ammo through an XD-9, Glock, HK, Isralei Hi-Power or a steel framed 9mm like a CZ-75 or Baby Desert Eagle...you're fine. I would be careful running gobs of the stuff through a SIG, Beretta or other alloy framed 9mm, though. I also would not run it through an early milled frame Hi-Power. Better safe than sorry.

I am surprised you found that stuff...I have not seen it in a long time.

- Brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad

Last edited by Brickboy240; 04-27-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
XDTalk 25K Member

Maybe I should order another 2500 rounds. It seemed like a bangin' deal at 11 cents a round before shipping.

If I have any doubts I'll be running it through my RRA 9mm Carbine.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
If I can remember correctly, that ammo made my Glock 17 and Hi-Power recoil like a 40SW. It was accurate and I don't remember one dud in the bunch, but it was loud and snappy!

Yeah, out of a carbine or a stout, quality 9mm (like my Isralei Hi-Power)...I'd run the stuff again, but it would never see action in my Luger or 225 SIG - why chance it?

- Brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 2968
I have about 1800 rounds of some just about like it that my XD wont set off the primer. I wonder if there is a heavier spring I can use to get the job done?
ChevellRCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 13698
You bought that from KY Imports right? I was lookin at that the other day, and it is quite cheap. Problem is the hard primers. I heard that it wasn't good for your gun. Also it says it is only for submachine guns. Let us know how it shoots in an XD will ya?
The Carry: Springfield XD 9 Service - Crossbreed Supertuck & DGR with #16 and #22 springs.
The Tack Driver: Sako Vixen L461 .222 Rifle with Bushnell 4X Scope A real tack driver!
The Fun Gun: Marlin .22 LR with Bushnell 7X Scope
The best weapon anyone can have: a brain.

"The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -John Steinbeck

"Beware the man who owns just one gun, he will know how to use it."
ElJimmyStrappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
XDTalk 25K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJimmyStrappo
You bought that from KY Imports right? I was lookin at that the other day, and it is quite cheap. Problem is the hard primers. I heard that it wasn't good for your gun. Also it says it is only for submachine guns. Let us know how it shoots in an XD will ya?
I'll do that. A while back someone gave me some assorted 60+ year old 9mm and since it was so assorted the only value was to shoot it. Nevertheless, the 1941 Dutch surplus 9mm was pretty snappy.

I'll probably get a chance to shoot some in 2 weeks. I'll keep ya informed.

&

Last edited by Krackels; 04-27-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
XDTalk 25K Member

Update:
I loaded up my XD9 with a magazine of this ammo, and it was very finicky. Kinda went like this, click, (recock XD), boom, boom, click, (recock XD), click, (recock XD), click, (recock XD), click, (recock XD), boom

But out of my AR15. I had 0 failures. Every round went BOOM. It did seem a little snappier than regular 9mm. All in all I'm happy to keep it for exclusive use in my carbine.

&

Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Use it in your rifles, its too hot to use in most pistols.

einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
9 mm bulk ammo

9mm ammo

9mm ammo box
9mm ammo, imi
imi 9mm ammo
imi 9mm ammo, any good
imi 9mm ammunition
imi ammo in a glock?
imi ammo in stock
israeli 9mm

israeli 9mm ammo

israeli baby eagle 9mm or springfield xd 9mm
israeli military surplus 9mm
military primers imi 9mm
sprinfield xd in 2000 round challenge
surplus 9mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.