• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Zero vs. Precision Black Bullets: Range Report with Pics

This is a discussion on Zero vs. Precision Black Bullets: Range Report with Pics within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; OK, I loaded up a batch of Precision Black Bullet , to see how they hold up against my beloved Zero Bullets. What I did ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Zero vs. Precision Black Bullets: Range Report with Pics

Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
Zero vs. Precision Black Bullets: Range Report with Pics

OK, I loaded up a batch of Precision Black Bullet, to see how they hold up against my beloved Zero Bullets. What I did was load up 20 of each bullet, each with the same specifications:

Brass: Speer
Powder Charge: 3.0gr
Power Type: TiteGroup
OAL: 1.150

Through the Chrono, the same loads using the Precision Bullets averaged 11 FPS faster, nothing huge, just something to note.

Other than the fact that the Precision were a bit for more smokey, I was happy with their performance. For the most part, they seemed to be as accurate, if not more accurate, than the Zero Bullets. I won't go as far as to say that one is more accurate than the other since I am an average shot at best and I do not own a Ransom Rest.

All of my tests were done standing, shooting off-hand, at a distance of 15 and 20 yards through my XD9 Tactical.

Here are the results to ponder...

Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 6060
good to know. I got 3500 .40 precision bullets a month or so back and haven't reloaded one round yet!

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. ~Thomas Paine

I will not be involved with the dreams of angry men.

Founding
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Freedom isn't free:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
beardman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 4386
I use a lot of zero bullets in my 9mm too,the most accurate I've found have been loads using winchesters jhp with either unique or power pistol.
kart racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2541
So how did your barrel look when done with the black bullets? Dirty, or easy to clean like plated and jacketed??

"Did I say that outloud?"
brian40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10515
Excellent post!!!!! Thanks!

NRA Member
IDPA Member--Wilson Combat CQB (CDP)
USPSA Member--New XD 9 Tac & G34 (Production ) IPSC Open Major--STI Trubor Grandmaster
CCW's: -- XD-45 ACP 4" with Truglo TFO's & M6 Laser/Light --Kimber Tactical Pro II, ...Many More
Nerves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian40
So how did your barrel look when done with the black bullets? Dirty, or easy to clean like plated and jacketed??
It was dirtier but the BoreSnake took care of it without any trouble. Keep in mind that most the the "dirt" is from the TiteGroup.

BTW, the cost of the Precision are significantly less than Zero Bullets. For 1000 of the Zero, the cost is about $75. The Precision in contrast are $48.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 4386
I orderd 2000 124 gr fmj zeros from powder valley for 94.00 a couple of months ago,they're probably around 100.00 per 2000 now.
edit...just checked on 147gr,there 121.00 for 2000

Last edited by kart racer; 10-28-2006 at 11:21 PM.
kart racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:04 AM   #8
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart racer
edit...just checked on 147gr,there 121.00 for 2000
That is a good price for Zeros. Thanks for the link!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4317
Hey Scott, I wouldn't take either of that ammo to a match that a chrono is going to be used at. There's a good chance at that low you could be shooting for no score depending on how well the match equipment mirrors yours.

Please enlighten me on where the 147s came from. There isn't any listed on the site.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #10
Official Site Vendor

Those were low-minor loads, not for matches. I wanted to see how the gun ran at 125 power factor. For matches, my loads run about 132 power factor (3.3 grains of TiteGroup).

They are not listed on the website, you need to call Dave for pricing and availability. Dave is supposed to update the site this month, once he gets some solid raw material costs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page

black bullets

black bullets international
black bullets international review
black bullets review
blackbullets
johnson precision bullets
precision black bullets
precision black bullets review
precision bullet review
precision bullets review
precision bullets reviews
ransom rest
zero bullet review
zero bullet reviews
zero bullets
zero bullets review
Click on a term to search for related topics.