• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

MiMC ammo??

This is a discussion on MiMC ammo?? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Maybe my "google-foo" isn't cooperating, but didn't see any reviews for this stuff: https://www.mimcammo.com/shopexd.asp?id=12 Anyone tried any of the MiMC ammo products? I have had ...

Old 02-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 43432
MiMC ammo??

Maybe my "google-foo" isn't cooperating, but didn't see any reviews for this stuff:

https://www.mimcammo.com/shopexd.asp?id=12

Anyone tried any of the MiMC ammo products?

I have had great luck with Freedom Munitions, so for a quality "remanufacturer" no problems with using products, but I hate to be the first one to buy from a new ammo plant.

What have you guys heard / experienced??

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Old Timer

Member #: 95072
Never heard of it.
Luke 22:36
Luke 11:21

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

--Richard Henry Lee

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

--Thomas Jefferson

"A free people claim their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as a gift from their chief magistrate."

--Thomas Jefferson
NathanXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 82325
be the guinipig!

Mike Tyson
ironmike1378 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

sorry guys.... I am not going to volunteer to be the test subject on this one. I have plenty of other sources where I don't need to go here.

Can't find any info on them anywhere... which doesn't make me too confident at this point.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 99490
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsearcher View Post
Maybe my "google-foo" isn't cooperating, but didn't see any reviews for this stuff:

Anyone tried any of the MiMC ammo products?

I have had great luck with Freedom Munitions, so for a quality "remanufacturer" no problems with using products, but I hate to be the first one to buy from a new ammo plant.

What have you guys heard / experienced??

Thanks.
I registered just to post this.... and I quote froma forum I normally visit

I had also purchased a good amount of .45 acp reloads from Mimic
*removed Link due to forum rules to mimcs hompage

I typically like to get the most practice with what I carry so I am rather use to my .45 and how it feels. However, with this stuff I was all over the place. Even the loads seemed to be packed differently from round to round resulting in a different pitch(Sound) per round. One round fired sounded more like a shotgun then a .45 and even tore the silhouette apart at the torso. I stopped firing them about 100 rounds in and wondered if anyone else has had similar experience?
Silverback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 100577
Poor Quality Ammo Company

I had a similar experience as silverback1 with noticeable round to round differences. When I contacted them to try to get some lot data. My production lot and a couple of others where mysteriously missing and they could provide no ballistics or load data. They did offer to exchange the ammo if I would pay for shipping both ways. Was seriously disappointed in their customer service and will not be doing business with them again.
chevymen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 92030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1 View Post
I registered just to post this.... and I quote froma forum I normally visit

I had also purchased a good amount of .45 acp reloads from Mimic
*removed Link due to forum rules to mimcs hompage

I typically like to get the most practice with what I carry so I am rather use to my .45 and how it feels. However, with this stuff I was all over the place. Even the loads seemed to be packed differently from round to round resulting in a different pitch(Sound) per round. One round fired sounded more like a shotgun then a .45 and even tore the silhouette apart at the torso. I stopped firing them about 100 rounds in and wondered if anyone else has had similar experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymen21 View Post
I had a similar experience as silverback1 with noticeable round to round differences. When I contacted them to try to get some lot data. My production lot and a couple of others where mysteriously missing and they could provide no ballistics or load data. They did offer to exchange the ammo if I would pay for shipping both ways. Was seriously disappointed in their customer service and will not be doing business with them again.
Those stories will prevent me from ever trying it

John 3:16

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
[Matthew 6:34]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 100541
Sorry to dispute you guys, but I have had nothing but great service from them and all the .45 and 9mm I bought from them went bang. I now use their ammo exclusively for all my .45 competitions (700 and 715fps ammo). It is accurate and cycles my Gen 4 G21. My wife just shot her first GSSF match using their 147g 9mm in a G19 Gen4 without issue and she stated it was easy to shoot. I've had my fill of Freedom not firing (firing pin finishing the setting primer part) to not use that stuff but for training only. I believe MiMC has come a long way in a short amount of time. In fact, I'm ordering more ammo from MiMC today! My 5.25 9mm shoots their 124g (900 and 940fps) the best.

One happy guinea pig !!!

- Retired USAF
- DOD Meteorologist
- World / National Champion Catamaran Sailor
- IDPA and GSSF Competitor
- XDM 5.25 9mm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 3 post(s).
WxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

great news WxGuy....... I may watch them a bit longer and see if I can find more success stories like yours.

Hope they continue to improve so ALL their stories are like yours!!

By the way, looks like you are pretty new to the site... Welcome to the group!!! (From another Fl Panhandle guy!!)
Old 06-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 100541
WS,
Hope to run into you sometime! I shoot IDPA at Cantonment - Hurlburt and I practice at Bullets and Bones just east of Defuniak Springs. They built me a small, independent competition range so how could I not call that range home? Life is good.

Bob

- Retired USAF
- DOD Meteorologist
- World / National Champion Catamaran Sailor
- IDPA and GSSF Competitor
- XDM 5.25 9mm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 3 post(s).
WxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
has anyone used mimc ammo
is mimc ammo any good
mimc 45acp review

mimc ammo

mimc ammo issues
mimc ammo quality
mimc ammo reivew

mimc ammo review

mimc ammo reviews

mimc ammo sales reviews
mimc ammunition reviews
mimic ammo review
mimic ammo reviews
mimic ammunition reviews
reviews mimc ammo
reviews of mimc ammo reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.