• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Multiple Impact Bullets? Good?

This is a discussion on Multiple Impact Bullets? Good? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I recently stumbled upon these . Do a google search of mibullet They are a tethered bullet available in 45 acp and 12 gauge. Soon ...

Old 12-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 97631
Multiple Impact Bullets? Good?

I recently stumbled upon these .

Do a google search of mibullet

They are a tethered bullet available in 45 acp and 12 gauge. Soon to be 9mm.

The prices seems really steep, but does it seem like it would be a benefit for a concealed carry piece for self defense?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
48conkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 56227
seems incredibly gimmicky and at $250 for 50 rnds of .45? not a chance in hell.
-Charlie
: "Candy Apple Island? Whatta they got there?"
-Carl
: "Apes. But they're not so big"
HowardMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Old Timer

Member #: 95072
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardMan View Post
seems incredibly gimmicky and at $250 for 50 rnds of .45? not a chance in hell.
For five dollars a round it better be a death ray. If not, f it.
NathanXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
I saw one test on these. I was not impressed. First, it seems counterintuitive to me to not be able to put the bullet exactly where I want it to be since the "pellets" would be spreading out. If you want a shotgun, I think a 12 gauge with similar sized pellets but more of them moving faster would do better. Second, what happens if you only hit the target with one of the main projectiles? No information for that. Third, penetration is abysmal. No thanks... give me a real bullet in a pistol.

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!

Let's add this: Congress shall make no law which limits the type, caliber, capacity, or rate of fire of any arms the People have or want to have.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 52617
That seems a lot of money for a buckshot round.
G115BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Buy a steel leader, crimp on some lead sinkers, Stuff it into a 12 ga and BAM! Same thing for alot less $$$

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
The theory is good but in practice, penetration & "stopping" ability will be diminished. Not to mention you have no control over the secondary projectiles, as in do they land somewhat together or veer off to actually miss your target as the range increases? No thanks. Take the same amount of $$ & buy more practice ammo or take a good training class or both. There is no replacement for good shooting & proper tactics.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
The theory is good but in practice, penetration & "stopping" ability will be diminished. Not to mention you have no control over the secondary projectiles, as in do they land somewhat together or veer off to actually miss your target as the range increases? No thanks. Take the same amount of $$ & buy more practice ammo or take a good training class or both. There is no replacement for good shooting & proper tactics.
that's the "big deal" with this thing. the secondary projectiles are all tied together. so they spread to the 10-14" and then stay that far apart until they hit something.

Its still a dumb idea. it'll bleed energy in the air like crazy, and its not like those cables will decapitate the BG or anything.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
Old Timer

Member #: 86807
I saw the price and laughed out loud! Yeah right!!! As said earlier, better be a death ray.

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
that's the "big deal" with this thing. the secondary projectiles are all tied together. so they spread to the 10-14" and then stay that far apart until they hit something.

Its still a dumb idea. it'll bleed energy in the air like crazy, and its not like those cables will decapitate the BG or anything.
Still. 10-14", that means possibly hitting something you don't want to hit & again, penetration will be limited even more with a wire holding them together. You want multiple hits, go smaller caliber, higher mag cap & pull the trigger more.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
12 ga. multiple impact
9mm multiple part bullet
hot to buy multiple impact bullet
mibullett
multi impact bullet for sale
multi impact bullet reviews
multiple impact 45acp
multiple impact bullet
multiple impact bullet for sale

multiple impact bullet reviews

multiple impact bullets for sale

mutiple impact bullet for sale
tethered bullers
tethered bullet
tethered bullet 9mm

tethered bullets

Click on a term to search for related topics.