• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Light-recoiling .40 S&W loads for action shooting

This is a discussion on Light-recoiling .40 S&W loads for action shooting within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; This is a good article for reloading lite loads for the .40. If its been posted in the past, sorry. Make Right With a ".40 ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Light-recoiling .40 S&W loads for action shooting

Old 10-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 11712

This is a good article for reloading lite loads for the .40.
If its been posted in the past, sorry.

Make Right With a ".40 Lite"
By Paul Scarlata

HANDGUNS Magazine

Four different weights and styles of bullets were used (left to right): Hornady 155-grain XTP, 180-grain XTP, Laser Cast 170-grain SWC and 180-grain TC. Remington brass was used exclusively.

"For those of us who exercised our privilege to serve our country, I can honestly say we did it proudly and shared a common bond of patriotism that those who were unwilling to answer our country's call will never understand or appreciate." - Dennis Foell

Semper FI!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
dannyg0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12474
Thats a pretty good write up of why us .40 guys picked the .40 over the 9mm, bigger holes, and less recoil in production. Limited 10 is still below factory standards in my opinion.

USPSA: A-57351 IDPA: A26629

DVC is a three legged stool. Remove one leg and you're just left with a pile of sticks.
Steel1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 8762
Atlanta Arms .40 light (around 130 pf from a 4" glock, I'm told) is $180/1000 shipped to me (YMMV).

That's = to WWB pricing and just what I needed to see if I'm going to invest in reloading myself. If I find it much better, than I may start reloading when the next bolus of money comes in from somewhere (lottery or something...)

I'll report on the ammo when it gets here. (Steel1212, you'll see me shooting it next month at the sportsman's league)

Damn federal holidays... no UPS today.
KYDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 39
You can do the same with your XD40 Service with some of the available aftermarket guide rods. The real lower limit is the mass of the slide, you need enough power to cycle the slide mass with a spring strong enough to cock the striker. I had never played with the lower power combined with the softer springs in my .40, but you can get a pretty mild load even with a 18# spring as long as you keep a firm grip.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12474
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDoc
Atlanta Arms .40 light (around 130 pf from a 4" glock, I'm told) is $180/1000 shipped to me (YMMV).

That's = to WWB pricing and just what I needed to see if I'm going to invest in reloading myself. If I find it much better, than I may start reloading when the next bolus of money comes in from somewhere (lottery or something...)

I'll report on the ammo when it gets here. (Steel1212, you'll see me shooting it next month at the sportsman's league)

Damn federal holidays... no UPS today.
IPSC? I might have my tactical pimped by then...doubtfull but maybe!

USPSA: A-57351 IDPA: A26629

DVC is a three legged stool. Remove one leg and you're just left with a pile of sticks.
Steel1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel1212
IPSC? I might have my tactical pimped by then...doubtfull but maybe!
Hope you do. I'd like to see it, but better pimp fast!
KYDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page

.40 light loads

.40 lite loads

.40 s&w light recoil loads

.40 s&w light-recoil loads

.40 s&w lite recoil loads
40 lite loads

40 s&w light loads

40 s&w lite loads
light 40 loads

light 40 s&w loads

light s w 40 cal 155 grain loads
low recoil 40 s&w loads
Click on a term to search for related topics.