• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Casting Lead Bullets for an XDm 9mm?

This is a discussion on Casting Lead Bullets for an XDm 9mm? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Awesome, thanks. Do you water drop?...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Casting Lead Bullets for an XDm 9mm?

Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75911
Awesome, thanks. Do you water drop?
Broke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Yep. I use the 45-45-10 tumble lube found the recipe at castboolits website.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81134
Tons of great info guys! I'm definitely going to try some of those cast suppliers but my intent is to cast my own being as a lead supply has dropped in my lap. I guess the next problem is to sneak the cash passed the wife to get the goods! Maybe I can pull it off!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
XDTalk 15K Member

Of all the "reloading" equipment you can buy casting equipment pays for itself faster than any. That's how I got it past the wife.

Furnace x dollars, molds x dollars, sizing lubing x dollars. I can cast X amount of bullets and all the equipment is paid for. Heck that how much I shoot in just a few months
Quote:
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81134
I guess my next question is, what brands of equipment do you prefer?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
XDTalk 15K Member

I have a lee bottom pour pot, lee tumble lube sizers, and lee molds. On the cheap but they have worked for me. Been using them for several years. The 6 cavity mold allows me to cast several hundred bullets an hour.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
Lee doesn't make much I like, but I do think their 20# bottom pour pot is a bargain. Sure, it's not insulated but hey, it's 1/5 the cost of the RCBS or Lyman. It pours lead out of the bottom, the therm sort of works, a winner for sure. The Lee molds, very hit or miss. The 2cav designs are cheap, can make decent bullets & can also fall apart quickly. The 6cav is a better design, but like all things Lee, poor QC & mat'ls means hit or miss for quality. Get a good one, they work, get a poor one, they are crap. I have had to return two. Many will break the spru handle at least once in the molds life, cheap pot metla casting. I have a couple of machined spru plate handles that can not be broken & they are on my most used molds. They are cheap though & workable, a good bargain for the beginner bullet caster.
I lube & size in a press made for that. I prefer it to tumble or pan lubing, but many do fine just with that. Most of the time, you don't ned to size, just tumble lube. Sizing allows all bullets to be the same dia & when using mixed brass, this can sometimes matter. Like aga says, best bang for your reloading buck is casting IF you can get cheap or free alloy. That is getting tougher every year.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page

124 gr lead power pistol load in a 9mm xdm 3.8

777 loads and hard cast bullets

9mm lead ammo

brinell 12 147 grain lead bullets

cast bullets too big xdm 9mm

compact lead casting
how to figure formula for loading lead ammo 9mm

lead 9mm ammo

what size bullet in an xdm
what size mold do i need to cast a 9mm bullet

xd 9mm cast les

xdm .45 compact 3.8 cast bullets
xdm 9mm cast bullets
xdm hard cast bullets
xdm hits left with lead
Click on a term to search for related topics.