• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

component prices - mixed HS .223 brass $?

This is a discussion on component prices - mixed HS .223 brass $? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I am looking at selling quite a bit of the supply of .223 brass i have, and i want to be fair about it. What ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » component prices - mixed HS .223 brass $?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 24504
component prices - mixed HS .223 brass $?

I am looking at selling quite a bit of the supply of .223 brass i have, and i want to be fair about it.

What i have is mixed headstamp (mostly LC) Once fired 5.56 / .223 brass that has been completely unprocessed. I am MORE than happy to do most, if not all of the prep work needed to get these into a ready-to-load state for whomever buys them (and i have about 5k in this state right now), but it would drive the cost up as the more time i put into it, the more i expect in return. I just don't know if anyone would want to pay that extra in leu of just getting a deal on raw range brass and doing all the crap work themselves.

I have seen some pretty ridiculous prices on the internet, and in all sorts of various states (Raw, cleaned, semi-processed, RTL) ranging from $400 / 1000 to $100 / 1000 (that would be midway's currently out of stock & no backorder price).

I'm apprehensive about selling brass at a gun-show since i really don't know what the market will yield (i'm no business man). Of the places that aren't out of stock/backorder, there are some who are asking $300 / 1000 for uncleaned, unprocessed (Raw) mixed HS brass, $50-$60 more if you want it cleaned (they offer nothing past that). I can't imagine this is the current asking price for range pick-ups... but it's been so long that i really don't know!

What would be a reasonable, fair, and non-DB Gouger price point be for what i offer? should i bother with the processing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"Gun-Free Zones" are shooting ranges for the criminally insane.

"Know this: Killin' is my business, Ladies, and business IS GOOOOOD!" -Major Payne
Knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
Well, anything over $100/1000 is gouging, but hey , free market, make some money. No one is making buyers buy. Before the election, you could buy once fired/unproc for $85/K all day everywhere. Amazing what a few month diff makes. A buddy gave me 2K once fired range pickups, glad to have them now. Processing adds only about $25/K, not worth the effort IMO. Just tumble, bag em & sell em.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50814
Nightslugger,
You still selling the brass?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
Widener's has OF LC for $130, so there is a gage.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 89715
I just bought a grand of mixed 223 for 90 bucks shipped to my door from brassman in las vegas.

Whatever you do= get top dollar. Don't feel bad about getting top dollar or buy into the talk of gouging. We are, and have always been, a free market economy. Nobody is making a buyer buy. You have a commodity that is valuable in today's economy. You have a responsibility to yourself to get top dollar for a valuable commodity. Just IMO.
CrankyCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page

.223 brass

.223 brass headstamp identification

.223 brass in stock

.223 brass prices

223 brass

223 brass 2013
223 brass bullets price 2013

223 brass in stock

223 brass prices
ammo component prices
current cost to reload 223 2013
how much is 5.56/223 brass worth
price of brass 2008 to 2013
reloading 223 ammo cost 2013
uncleaned 223 brass
Click on a term to search for related topics.