• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Making lead ingots for casting 45acp rounds

This is a discussion on Making lead ingots for casting 45acp rounds within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Been casting 45acp rounds for several years, this is the 3rd year that I have been collecting wheel weights and scrap lead, melting them down ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Making lead ingots for casting 45acp rounds

Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 27457
Making lead ingots for casting 45acp rounds

Been casting 45acp rounds for several years, this is the 3rd year that I have been collecting wheel weights and scrap lead, melting them down to ingots for the casting process. Hope you enjoy the vids!!

BTW, the 5 buckets of scrap ended up weighing 460 lbs. Came out to $50.60 from the salvage yard. Made money from the process.

1. Notification
2. Registration
3. Confiscation
4. Extermination

You don't get into a fight to lose. If you find yourself in a "fair" fight, you did something wrong!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
carstensxd45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85619
Wow, thanks alot. My 45's eat ingots like popcorn. Every time i turn around 20lb pot is empty.
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
I just want to know where yo ubuy the ww?!?! Around here, they are pretty much extinct.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 85046
Great vid, now I have some know how, should I ever attempt this for myself.
Zlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 24504
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
I just want to know where yo ubuy the ww?!?! Around here, they are pretty much extinct.
buy?! Tire shops around here GIVE them away!!!

"Gun-Free Zones" are shooting ranges for the criminally insane.

"Know this: Killin' is my business, Ladies, and business IS GOOOOOD!" -Major Payne
Knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Here in SATX the shops say they can't give them away, that they have to be recycled... wonder if there's any truth to that?

I'd love to buy a ton of wheel weights and cast my own.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 24504
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Jon View Post
Here in SATX the shops say they can't give them away, that they have to be recycled... wonder if there's any truth to that?

I'd love to buy a ton of wheel weights and cast my own.
ask them why, and not the shop idiots, ask the shop owner. Offer your "Recycling Services".

"Gun-Free Zones" are shooting ranges for the criminally insane.

"Know this: Killin' is my business, Ladies, and business IS GOOOOOD!" -Major Payne
Knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
ask them why, and not the shop idiots, ask the shop owner. Offer your "Recycling Services".
I believe the tire shops trade the used ww when they buy new ones. That is probably what they call recycling.

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Not the shop here. They give them away if you go ask for them. I have a friend that works at the shop, whenever he fills a 5gal buck he'll take to my house and I'll buy him a 12pk of beer.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalindo View Post
Not the shop here. They give them away if you go ask for them. I have a friend that works at the shop, whenever he fills a 5gal buck he'll take to my house and I'll buy him a 12pk of beer.
You are one of the lucky ones!

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
find lead ingots in san antonio
good type of pan to cast ingots
ingot lead for 45 acp

lead ingot

lead ingot market search
lead ingot+casting+home contact
lead ingots
lead ingots --filetype:ps -filetype:dwf -filetype:kml -filetype:kmz -filetype:xls -filetype:ppt -filetype:doc -filetype:
lead ingots charlotte nc
lead ingots for pistol rounds
lead ingots for sale san antonio tx
lead ingots reloading 2013
make money making lead ingots

making lead ingots

making lead ingots from wheel weights
where to buy lead ingot in n c
Click on a term to search for related topics.