• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam?

This is a discussion on LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Yesterday, I attended the LAX Firing Range quarterly "Parking lot Ammo sale". After, receiving email marketing, stating the sales would be their "BEST prices" etc ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83440
LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam?

Yesterday, I attended the LAX Firing Range quarterly "Parking lot Ammo sale".
After, receiving email marketing, stating the sales would be their "BEST prices" etc etc
Friday night, I called 12 hours prior to the "SALE" and was quoted a price of $240.00 for 1,000 rounds of 9mm, tax included but was told ammo would be cheaper at the parking lot sale. (Jan 18 2013)

I decided to get there 2 hours early at 7am Saturaday morning, already a huge line has formed and stood in line for 4 hours with my girlfriend to get a "good deal" on some LAX Re-loaded 9mm.

I finally get into the buying area at LAX "parking lot sale" and 1,000 rounds of re-loaded 9mm is just $219.99.

I saved $20, yeah its not huge but still a nice way for LAX to show customer appreciation for those of use who buy in bulk and are loyal with their business.

EXCEPT..they charged me CA sales tax @ 9.5%.
So that 219.99 turned into $240.89.

Which is $0.89 MORE than their regular every day out the door price.

I went inside the LAX Firing range store, where there was no line and was told.."Sorry, they did not make a mistake in charging you tax" Followed by "Hey, I don't set the prices".

Personally, I feel LAX Ammo took advantage loyal customers and the current political gun control debate/ammo shortage to make a buck and I felt pretty disgusted by it. Pretty sure, that is the last time I ll ever spend money with LAX again.

Anyone else, have experience good or bad with LAX Ammo/Firing range pricing/sales?

LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam?-picture-26.jpg

LAX Parking Lot Sale! ...or Scam?-picture-25.png

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

str8aim is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Well that sucks, you got to pay more for the privilege of standing around for 4 hours of your life. Not cool.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
What, you thought they weren't going to charge you sales tax? Order on line, screw the state tax collectors.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85344
Even if you had saved yourself $20... 4 hours to me is worth much more than $20. Sorry that you got screwed so hard.
Selta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51040
well at least you gut to buy some ammo... some parts of the country, there are none to be had...
XDM9CWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
Wait..what!?

Don't blame LAX for your states f'kd up sales tax man...they HAVE to charge that!
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
Wait..what!?

Don't blame LAX for your states f'kd up sales tax man...they HAVE to charge that!
Actually they can discount the ammo and say they're not charging tax. There's ways to work it. It just sounded dishonest to do it the way they did.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 57466
That would be called GROSSING UP. Just pay your sales tax. In some situations you can deduct sales tax from your federal taxes.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by js12278 View Post
That would be called GROSSING UP. Just pay your sales tax. In some situations you can deduct sales tax from your federal taxes.
I am pretty sure Regan took that away from consumers way back. Some businesses maybe, but not the rest of us.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
but aren't we all professional "operators" here?
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
lax ammo

lax ammo parking lot sale

lax ammo parking lot sale prices
lax ammo parking lot sale review

lax ammo review

lax ammo reviews

lax ammo sale

lax ammunition review
lax firing range ammo sales
lax firing range parking lot sale
lax parking lot sale
lax range
lax range ammo sale
lax range parking lot sale
lax shooting range parking lot sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.