• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Richmond Gun show

This is a discussion on Richmond Gun show within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I went to the Richmond, VA gun show last weekend. Took 90 minutes to get into the building! My back was hurting. Got in and ...

Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 79338
Richmond Gun show

I went to the Richmond, VA gun show last weekend. Took 90 minutes to get into the building! My back was hurting.
Got in and went to the Ga Arms ammo display. Was able to get 500 rounds of 147 gr 9mm. I took that to the truck, took a pain pill, and went back inside.

Then I started looking around.

Most buyers were around ammo sellers, 3 deep; that was for ALL ammo sales. Folks were carrying cases of ammo out.

Next largest crowd were sellers of "black rifles". Folks were walking around with one on each shoulder. Some carrying boxes of new weapons.

Lots of new pistols were for sale, especially the black ones. Folks were going nuts!

Our next show will be in March and it will be interesting to see if this is repeated.
Richmond, VA
rgmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81515
it was hectic. It wasn't so bad once you got in though. I got my Taurus Tracker and 1000 rounds for pretty cheap. Looked around for a a couple hours then left. I'll probably go to the one in Hampton this weeked.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
Any good black rifles or prices at the show? I see on the national news that VA gunshops have pretty excellent stock right now but nothing on prices or if that's why they still have inventory.
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCoupé View Post
Any good black rifles or prices at the show? I see on the national news that VA gunshops have pretty excellent stock right now but nothing on prices or if that's why they still have inventory.
It's a hit or miss around here. Walmart usually has the ammo i need and if I can't find it there, I can get it at my LGS for $2-$3 more a box. Prices on the "scary" stuff at the gun show was normal for your typical AWB scare. I saw almost all of them going for 3 times what they normally would go for. Sad thing is people were buying them. I'm almost tempted to bring my "scary" stuff to the next gun show and sell them for a nice profit.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83160
I went to the same show myself on that Sunday and all I can is that things were seriously picked over! I was lucky enough to grab my XDM 9mm compact at the show in Dec. just before the madness started. Prices were at least $75-100 more then a month ago. I've got lots of things on my "want list" but I think I'll wait for everything to blow over. One thing is for sure, the private sales market will booming with great deals in a couple of years from all the people panic buying!
BJB5781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
9mm ammunition richmond va
gun and ammo sale this weekend in richmond va

gun show buyer forum in va

gun show in richmond va

gun show needs new location in richmond va glock talk

gun shows in rio grande valley

gun shows in the rio grande valley

how much is a cheap 9mm at the gun show in richmond va
inventory at richmond gun show
next richmond gun show
profit on seeling bullets at gun shows
rio grand valley gun show
what builing is the richmond gun show in
where can i buy 9mm in richmond,va
who has 9 mm ammo for sale in richmond?
Click on a term to search for related topics.