• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Freedom Munitions - Houston TX Store

This is a discussion on Freedom Munitions - Houston TX Store within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Originally Posted by UofHdevildog Just the bullets. I made sure to specify. and so how is that an apples to apples analogy to the price ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Freedom Munitions - Houston TX Store

Old 12-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 24504
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHdevildog View Post
Just the bullets. I made sure to specify.
and so how is that an apples to apples analogy to the price of cartridges in the barrel or at walmart?

zeeeeroooo....
Knightslugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #32
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
and so how is that an apples to apples analogy to the price of cartridges in the barrel or at walmart?

zeeeeroooo....
It's a good comparison because I can reload for pennies instead of full new prices.
UofHdevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHdevildog View Post
It's a good comparison because I can reload for pennies instead of full new prices.
The price of reloading is only offset by the number of cartridges through the press.

for all the equipment you'd need to competently reload, it would take you tens of thousands of cartridges to be significantly cheaper. You know that....
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79633
The wrost thing about the Houston store (I'm in San Antonio) is that I now have to pay sales tax when I order.
DonJ441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #35
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63259
Quote:
The price of reloading is only offset by the number of cartridges through the press.

for all the equipment you'd need to competently reload, it would take you tens of thousands of cartridges to be significantly cheaper. You know that....
I've got about $700 in my xl650 and other equipment (bought it used). I save $125 every 1000 rounds I make compared to 9mm WWB. So to recoup my costs I need to load 5600 rounds. That's no where near "tens of thousands". I'll go through that in less than 6 months, not bad for a setup that will last 20+ years. I also "competently reloaded" on a Lee Classic Turret for about half that price before my Dillon.
Dillon xl650 w/ case feeder
CCW, IDPA, USPSA, NRA
SmokedBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #36
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedBMW View Post
I've got about $700 in my xl650 and other equipment (bought it used). I save $125 every 1000 rounds I make compared to 9mm WWB. So to recoup my costs I need to load 5600 rounds. That's no where near "tens of thousands". I'll go through that in less than 6 months, not bad for a setup that will last 20+ years. I also "competently reloaded" on a Lee Classic Turret for about half that price before my Dillon.
It's about $600 for the Base XL650 press

so what you're telling me is you got a used .1 grain balance, .0001 calipers, a headspace gauge, a tumbler/vibratory

...for $100....

or did you get everything you use to reload (including the press) used for $700...? If you did, holy crap did you fall into a deal.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #37
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63259
Quote:
It's about $600 for the Base XL650 press

so what you're telling me is you got a used .1 grain balance, .0001 calipers, a headspace gauge, a tumbler/vibratory

...for $100....

or did you get everything you use to reload (including the press) used for $700...? If you did, holy crap did you fall into a deal.
I definitely got a great deal on the Dillon, no doubt about that. I don't do any rifle reloading yet so I just have a frankford arsenal scale and caliper, and lyman tumbler. I check the digital scale with the Lee balance that came with my Classic Turret Kit. Once I do precision rifle I'd like to pick up a better digital scale. I don't load any where near max so it works ok for now.
Dillon xl650 w/ case feeder
CCW, IDPA, USPSA, NRA
SmokedBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #38
XDTalk Member

Member #: 10996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy View Post
Unfortunately I am of the same mindset as Flyhr. From what my good friend tells me who lives in Houston an has been to the store the prices in store are higher plus tax offsets the shipping saving. It is now cheaper for Texans to buy new ammo from Walmart or other places than buy (albeit very high quality) remanufactured ammo from FM.
I'm a Houstonian and it is my experience that WWB from Walmart is now cheaper. I guess all good things do come to an end.
ascendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #39
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41241
Quote:

I just started but this interests me so I'll break it down. I paid a little less than $175 to get everything I needed to reload equipment wise. I got about 300 45 brass for $17, powder for $23, and 500 bullets for $70-something. 500 reman rounds at 34 cents each would cost about $170. With my first batch of my rounds I've already saved $65. I didn't use all the powder so the rest of the $23 in powder can cancel out the brass cost for 200 that I already had. It'll take me about 1500-2000 rounds to recoup the equipment expenses. After that I'll be in the black.
UofHdevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #40
XDTalk 5K Member

how are you guys getting away with so little into reloading equipment?! tumbers, vibratories, calipers, dies, hand tools, presses, gauges, books!

jesus we must have about $3000+ into all our reloading equipment. Granted we can produce a LOT of different calibers, but good lord... $175? for everything? what the hell?! Did it fall off the back of a truck or something?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

ammo, freedom munitions, houston, store

Search tags for this page
ammo cans houston
ammo jones riad houston
ammunition store on 290 and jones rd houston tx
bullits for reloading in houston, tx
freedom /ammo/290
freedom ammo houston
freedom ammo houston tx
freedom ammo on 290 and jones road, houston, texas

freedom ammunition houston

freedom ammunition houston texas
freedom ammunition houston tx
freedom ammunition texas
freedom armory houston

freedom munitions houston

freedom munitions houston store
freedom munitions houston texas review
Click on a term to search for related topics.