• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD-9 Tactical ammo accuracy?

This is a discussion on XD-9 Tactical ammo accuracy? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Hello all, I want to hear from the members what kind of HP rounds you all are running in your XD-9 Tacticals. The reason I ...

Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68256
XD-9 Tactical ammo accuracy?

Hello all,

I want to hear from the members what kind of HP rounds you all are running in your XD-9 Tacticals. The reason I ask is because I have my heart set on shooting 147's. I have tried HST's and Gold Dots. Neither shoots well out of my XD-9 Tactical.

Does anyone else shoot 147 hollow points out of your XD-9 Tacticals? If so, do you notice a serious degridation in accuracy from 115's and 124's to 147's?

Any and all advice welcome.
ChinStrap40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79334
Not saying this is the case, but I would think that your accuracy is off just because you are using a higher load. The recoil I would think would be slightly more and therefore your follow up shots will be off if you basing your shots off of muscle memory. Honestly I don't know jack. I am a noob to guns, only have had one for 2 months, however my analogy makes sense to me. Just practice more with the higher loads and I would think your accuracy will get better.
SlayerX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinStrap40 View Post
Hello all,

I want to hear from the members what kind of HP rounds you all are running in your XD-9 Tacticals. The reason I ask is because I have my heart set on shooting 147's. I have tried HST's and Gold Dots. Neither shoots well out of my XD-9 Tactical.

Does anyone else shoot 147 hollow points out of your XD-9 Tacticals? If so, do you notice a serious degridation in accuracy from 115's and 124's to 147's?

Any and all advice welcome.
What are you basing the accuracy difference on?

Are you shooting the loads off sandbags or using a ransom rest?

If you are shooting off hand then you can't tell any thing about the accuracy of the different loads, only how well you can shoot!

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
No accuracy problems here. In any of my 9mm pistols.
What kind of accuracy are you getting and at what distances?
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52639
i run 147gr gold dots in both my xd9 tactical and subcompact without any issues. my accuracy is just as good as with my range ammo, just takes a little more work due to the higher recoil. i also practice with 147gr fmj though.
sig 1911 .22 od sold
rock island 1911 9mm
w0ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 79338
My home defense load is the old 147 gr Black Talon, sub sonic loads. +p and +p+ are hot loads and will recoil more and create more muzzle flash, effecting your subsequent shots unless you are skilled.

I like the sub sonic Win 147 gr Black Talon. As long time 9 mm users know, at one time it was the baddest of the bad, in 9 mm HD loads.

Can't find them anymore. I havn't an idea of what a good replacement is. Although I hear the Win Ranger 127 gr +p+ is a terror, but it's hot!

Check 9 mm ballistics tables.
Richmond, VA
rgmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Ranger T is an improved version of the old Talon. HST, Gold Dots, and Win PDX are newer and better performing HPs.
Quote:
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75990
Try the Federal 147 JHPs in the white box. Supposedly developed for Seal Team use. I bought a box at a gun show and that they dead on target when I shot them.
osu84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
XDTalk 15K Member

Much like the Talon this is older technology.

Quote by Dr. Roberts.

Quote:
It is the Federal 9MS standard JHP loading that was selected by Crane in October 1991 for the XM11 (Sig P228) NCIS contract. San Diego PD also used it. For the late 1980's/early 1990's, it was a good loading, however there are far better options available today--it does make a very accurate practice load...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68256
Don,

I am shooting off of sand bags.

My group size with the 147's is about 2-3 times the size of the groups I get with any 115 or 124 grain bullet.
ChinStrap40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

147, accuracy, tactical, xd-9, xd9

Search tags for this page
forum quality brand 124g xd9
how many bullets are in a xd9 tactical
ransm rest shot groups for xd9 tactical
what is the accuracy of the xd 9 tactical
whats a good accurate round for the xd 9mm tactical
xd 9 ballistics
xd 9 tactical
xd 9 tactical accuracy
xd 9 tactical and 147 grain bullets
xd 9 tactical info
xd accuracy
xd tactical accuracy
xd tactical od 9

xd9 tactical

xd9 tactical accuracy

Click on a term to search for related topics.