• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

miss feeds in XD .45 with 230 gr. hollow points

This is a discussion on miss feeds in XD .45 with 230 gr. hollow points within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Originally Posted by ballistics Well, yesterday I ran another 50 rounds of Federal HST 230 gr. .45 ACP through my XD and 50 rounds of ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » miss feeds in XD .45 with 230 gr. hollow points

Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistics View Post
Well, yesterday I ran another 50 rounds of Federal HST 230 gr. .45 ACP through my XD and 50 rounds of Gold Dot in same weight. Once again I had not just one miss feed but TWO with the HST. None with the Gold Dot. No more HST for me.
That is a high enough number to get me to not use them either. It's why we test, regardless of what other tell you works for the.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79252
Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's advice! It was a great help. I am going to try the Winchester Ranger T 230 gr. .45 ACP in some back yard ballistics tests but from some things I've read, by Dr. Gary Roberts for one, there may be some expansion issues with this round in certain media commonly used for testing expansion and penetration. I don't think it will take the place of the dependable Gold Dot for me. Thanks again!
ballistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #13
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57K View Post
I would bet that the XD would handle it. I use the ZERO 230 gr. JHP in my XDm that has what you would probably consider the smaller cavity. The largest cavity 230 gr. JHP that I can think of would be SIERRA's but I bet it would feed just fine. Which large cavity 230 gr. JHP are you using?
As to the Zero HP bullets... If you stand them on a bench next to an XTP bullet, they look to be identical. Doubtless the Zero will not expand like the XTP as they are a practice bullet, but the XTP has a very good record for use in defensive situations. So, if pressed and out of Gold Dots, I would not hesitate to use XTP's in any caliber available to me as carry ammo. I would think they would feed just fine in almost any gun. To the best of my knowledge, the XTP's are not bonded though (that is, the lead core is not "welded" to the jacket) and so shooting through barriers is more likely to result in core seperation than with a Gold Dot which are now mostly bonded bullets. I say more likely, but in truth, XTP's still fare well in testing even through a lot of barriers.

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!

Let's add this: Congress shall make no law which limits the type, caliber, capacity, or rate of fire of any arms the People have or want to have.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
.45 230gr hollowpoint

230 gr round wont feed in xds

230gr 45 acp hollow point reloading bullets
45 acp winchester ranger bonded 230gr
dr roberts ballistics
hollow points do not feed
hollowpoint misfeeds xd-s 45

pap m92 pv pistol review

rainier 230gr hp for xd45
rainier 45 acp 230 gr hollow points
round pill with230
trouble loading sierra 230 gr 45 acp hollow points
what does 230gr mean grams

will hollow points feed in a pap m92 pistol

xd 45 230 zero jhp
xds 45 hollow point ammunition
Click on a term to search for related topics.