• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

PMC brass problems.

This is a discussion on PMC brass problems. within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I was loading with some .223 once fired brass and had a few holdups. Everytime I stopped it was a piece of PMC brass in ...

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28784
PMC brass problems.

I was loading with some .223 once fired brass and had a few holdups. Everytime I stopped it was a piece of PMC brass in the press. Had a few with primer cups with the centers pushed out and the outer ring of the primer left. Then I start noticing the flash holes are not centered in the primer pocket. So I started checking all the PMC headstamped brass and about 50% had one of these problems. Any chance a offcentered flash hole could fuse the outside of the primer to the case? This would be pretty embarrasing if PMC stood for precision made cartridge.. oh wait. Any one else had problems with it? I would just toss all of it but there was a sale on PMC ammo so I have quite a bit of once fired brass. Here is a pic L to R, normal brass, offcentered flash hole, partial primer.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Well I guess I will post pics later.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75615
Are you sure they are brass? if their a darker brown color they could be bronze. PMC makes allot of there ammo with bronze.
oldgunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgunfan View Post
Are you sure they are brass? if their a darker brown color they could be bronze. PMC makes allot of there ammo with bronze.
I doubt that. Bronze is actually quite hard & unelastic, would make for poor cases. It's likely just poor QC, happens form time to time w/ all ammo manuf.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgunfan View Post
No, they do not; they no more are made of bronze than Gold Dots and Golden Sabers are made of gold...

Their Bronze Line is just the marketing name.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
No, they do not; they no more are made of bronze than Gold Dots and Golden Sabers are made of gold...

Funny I'm holding some PMC 38 special's that are darker in color than brass and thinner, if you try to size them they tend to split. bronze would be better than aluminum and blazers us it. oh yea my metallurgest father says the 38's are bronze.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post

I believe they named it that way because bronze has the same color as brass. Guess it would have been better to name it BRASS line. The differentiation per se makes sense since they make a lot of ammo with aluminum cases.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

OK those aren't dark brown like I was talking about those are brass but there Q.C must have been at lunch when those were made.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
223 reloading problems
any issues with pmc 38 special brass
can i reload used pmc bronze .223 chell casing
can you reload pmc brass 38
is pmc 9mm brass reloadable

is pmc brass reloadable

pmc brass

pmc brass 38 brass
pmc brass denting in press
pmc brass for reloading .223
pmc once fired brass
problem .223 brass
reloading pmc .223 cases issues
reloading pmc 223 shells
why is my 223 brass brown
Click on a term to search for related topics.