• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Titegroup + 45 ACP 230 gr Plated. Need Help.

This is a discussion on Titegroup + 45 ACP 230 gr Plated. Need Help. within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Originally Posted by yoteman Fred, you are correct, I should just shelf it and forget it. My Dad grew up during the depression and he ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Titegroup + 45 ACP 230 gr Plated. Need Help.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #21
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteman View Post
Fred, you are correct, I should just shelf it and forget it. My Dad grew up during the depression and he would never allow anything like that. The stuff does make the gun go boom and the lead go forward. If he were still alive he would tell me what a fool I was for not using it. As long as it does that I am willing to put up with the stuff. Loaded about 500 rounds with it so far and unfortunately still have a good bunch of it yet to go. I guess it is inspiring me to shoot more just to use it up. Perhaps I have a little, or maybe a lot of my Dad in me.
FInd someone else that wants it, it is very popular for reasons I can't figure out, but should be easy to get rid of.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34606
Don't give up on the TG just yet It is a fast and hot powder no doubt but it still works pretty well across calibers and there is plenty of load data available. I started out learning to reload on it and still do like it. I've got 4 lbs I am working through now between both 9 and 45. Pick up a lb or two of other powders to see how you like them and continue to use your TG until it's gone.

I would also recommend True Blue, clean, cool, meters incredible, soft shooting etc.
Rugby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68256
Alright everyone...went and picked up some WST.

I'm finding load data from Hodgden's website that says start at 4.0 gr with a max at 4.3 behind a 230 gr plated-RN/LRN, but that was for a OAL of 1.200. Reading more online, I found people's OAL in the range on 1.200-1.265 with the average being around 1.255. The charge weights they indicated at the longer OAL were in the range of 4.3-4.7 gr of WST.

So now I am confused and would like to hear what peoples' loads are with the WST and 230 gr plated RN. I've decided my next batch of bullets are going to be 200 gr plated SWC so if anyone wants to chime in with data including that it would be appreciated too.
ChinStrap40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27421
I use 4.5 grains of TG under a Berry's plated 230 gr RN. My XD 45 loves this load.
USCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinStrap40 View Post
Alright everyone...went and picked up some WST.

I'm finding load data from Hodgden's website that says start at 4.0 gr with a max at 4.3 behind a 230 gr plated-RN/LRN, but that was for a OAL of 1.200. Reading more online, I found people's OAL in the range on 1.200-1.265 with the average being around 1.255. The charge weights they indicated at the longer OAL were in the range of 4.3-4.7 gr of WST.

So now I am confused and would like to hear what peoples' loads are with the WST and 230 gr plated RN. I've decided my next batch of bullets are going to be 200 gr plated SWC so if anyone wants to chime in with data including that it would be appreciated too.
The magazine is usually what dictates OAL. 1911's can run the longer OALs than most any other pistol. Start with a few "dummies" loaded to 1.200" and load them into the mag to see if they bind up or not, then hand cycle them through the gun. If they work with no issues, you can try longer dummies of use 1.200" as your OAL.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Plated RN run 1.250"-1.265" in most guns. Always check , OAL is ALWAYs gun & bullet specific. I have tried maybe 8 diff pwoder sin 45acp, always come back to WST w/ any bullet wt or type for std vel/pressure loads.
Plated bullets actually load betweem a lead bullet & jacketed. So using lead bullet data is a good start point, never exceed jacketed data. You'll find 4.5gr under a 230gr RNP @ 1.255" to just make 0ver 800fps in a 5" gun.; 785fps for 230gr FMJ @ 825fps for 230gr LRN. My IDPA major load is 4.8gr under a 200grLTC or 5gr under a 200gr Berry's FP @ 1.220" for right @ 840fps. All are more acurate than I am in my XDTAC, very soft recoil as well.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

230, 45 acp, plated, titegroup

Search tags for this page
.45 acp berry's titegroup

.45 acp handloads using titegroup powder

.45 acp loads with tite group 230 gr
45 acp 230gr bullets with titegroup

45 acp loads using titegroup

45 acp loads with titegroup powder and 230 grain bullet

45 acp titegroup load data

45 long colt loads with 230 grain plated bullets and titegroup powder

best oal for 230 lrn
titegroup .45 loads
titegroup 230 gr copper plated 45 acp

titegroup load data 45 acp

titegroup oal 45
titegroup recipes for 45acp
videos shooting 45 acp 1911 with titegroup powder and 230 grain plated bullets
what's the best titegroup load for 165 grain .45acp
Click on a term to search for related topics.