• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

First timer needing some info please! Hornady LNL parts list for 45 acp.

This is a discussion on First timer needing some info please! Hornady LNL parts list for 45 acp. within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I have been reading on here for quite a while now along with other forums as well. I am going to start reloading and have ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » First timer needing some info please! Hornady LNL parts list for 45 acp.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71501
Question First timer needing some info please! Hornady LNL parts list for 45 acp.

I have been reading on here for quite a while now along with other forums as well. I am going to start reloading and have ordered a few books today. I have read reviews and have settled on the Hornady LNL press (so lets not change this thread into a "why not a dillon or rcbs?") and am trying to get a total price for EVERYTHING TOOL WISE (not powder, brass, caps) I will need to order to get started for 45acp . I will get the prices together but if you want to list the prices and total, I will be more than thankful.

Thanks in advance and I know there are other threads but they seem to be pretty old so I would like to get updated info in case of technological advances in equipment or simplified multiple task equipment.
kjackson_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackson_82 View Post
I have been reading on here for quite a while now along with other forums as well. I am going to start reloading and have ordered a few books today. I have read reviews and have settled on the Hornady LNL press (so lets not change this thread into a "why not a dillon or rcbs?") and am trying to get a total price for EVERYTHING TOOL WISE (not powder, brass, caps) I will need to order to get started for 45acp . I will get the prices together but if you want to list the prices and total, I will be more than thankful.

Thanks in advance and I know there are other threads but they seem to be pretty old so I would like to get updated info in case of technological advances in equipment or simplified multiple task equipment.

Go to midwayusa.com and do your own pricing!

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

As the last sentence in the first paragraph states "I will get the prices together but if you want to list the prices and total, I will be more than thankful." So please read before you post as I am looking for helpful people not a smart a$$ that thinks I am lazy! I am looking for a parts list since it is confusing with all I have read such as plates, bushings, good die set, etc. And before anyone suggests, yes I do have books on order but am really excited and trying to get an idea of all equipment costs related to the Hornady LNL press for 45acp.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

So here is what my "WISH" list is comprised of so far:

Hornady LNL press : $395 @ Midway
Hornady 45 acp 3 die set w/taper : $43 @ Midway
Thumlers Tumbler Model B HS 110v : $180 @ Midway

I know I will need but not sure of:

Case Prep Tools? Any Suggestion?

What else will I need for 45 acp?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
As the last sentence in the first paragraph states "I will get the prices together but if you want to list the prices and total, I will be more than thankful." So please read before you post as I am looking for helpful people not a smart a$$ that thinks I am lazy! I am looking for a parts list since it is confusing with all I have read such as plates, bushings, good die set, etc. And before anyone suggests, yes I do have books on order but am really excited and trying to get an idea of all equipment costs related to the Hornady LNL press for 45acp.

I read your post and found it very confusing! You sure are demanding for some one as new to the forum as you!

If you want a list of the things you need to reload, that is simple. Dies, shell plate, primer assembly,powder scale and calipers to measure oal.

Now, was that so hard?

don
Old 06-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 46082
Get carbide dies they are well worth the extra$$$. Also some vernier [sp] calipers , a bullet puller. The case prep tools are really needed for rifle you really don't need much if any case prep on pistols.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Ok, I recommend we chalk it up to a simple misunderstanding and my apologies sir.

I already have calipers and mics
So adding a shell plate to the list

Hornady Shellplate #45 : $31
Thumlers Tumbler Model B HS 110v : $180 @ Midway

You mentioned Primer Assembly, doesn't that come on the press from above? After looking at the assembly on Midway it says it is a factory replacement in case of breakdowns or wears out so that leads me to believe that it is on the press.

Also for the Powder Scale, is there any recommendations as far as digital or balance beam? They all seem to have mixed reviews.

Again, Don I apologize for the misunderstanding!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2677
The machine will come with everything you need to prime. You don't need any case prep tools besides a tumbler for 45acp. Also that's a very expensive tumbler. It's one of the best ones but expensive. A $50 Harbor Freight tumbler will do the same job.

Any beam scale made by Ohaus will last a lifetime. Check out the RCBS one and the Dillon one. I think Dillon sells the cheapest beam scale at around $55, it's a steal.

If I could olny have one scale it'd be a beam scale not a digital.

Quote:
Again, if you do not vote, you are part of the problem. If you vote Democrat, you ARE the problem.
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Tumbler (Not settled on a specific one yet)
Scale (Not settled on a specific one yet)

So I don't need anything for case prep? No trimming stretched cases, cleaning flash hole, or deburring?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:

Tumbler (Not settled on a specific one yet)
Scale (Not settled on a specific one yet)

So I don't need anything for case prep? No trimming stretched cases, cleaning flash hole, or deburring?
Don't worry about trimming pistol cases, in 55 years of reloading i have yet to trim a pistol case.

I use digital scales,rcbs and dillion, they are much faster then beam scales and i believe more accurate.

Get a vibratory case cleaner like the ones midway sells, much cheaper then the tumbler you were looking at, they are more for rock polishing then case cleaning.

This is a good place to get loading info so ask away!

don

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

45 acp, beginner reloading, equipment, hornady

Search tags for this page
best 45 cal dies for hornady lnl
best die set loading 45 acp on hornady lock n load ap press

best reloading dies for 45 acp for hornady lnl

hornaday parts prices

hornady .45 acp reloading dies

hornady 45 acp dies

hornady custom grade 45 dies

hornady lnl parts diagram

hornady lock n load ap 45 acp dies
hornady lock n load ap for beginner
hornady lock n load ap press needs
hornady lock n load ap replacement parts

hornady quick change powder through expander linkage

lock n load ap 45 acp parts
what do i need to start reloading 45acp in hornady lnl

xdtalk hornady list

Click on a term to search for related topics.