• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

a .22lr ammo question....

This is a discussion on a .22lr ammo question.... within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I have a brand-new box of Remington 22 Target ammo I got today. I shot some of it at the range today, too. But I ...

Old 06-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
a .22lr ammo question....

I have a brand-new box of Remington 22 Target ammo I got today. I shot some of it at the range today, too. But I just noticed something strange just 10 minutes ago:

If I hold the bullet w/ one hand, I can use my other hand to actually spin the casing around the bullet. It's like a loose connection! I've randomly tested this w/ about 10 rounds, and 9 of them spin freely.

I'm like WTF??

Is this normal? I've never seen this before. In my ammo novice mind, I don't think these 2 pieces should be that loose and able to rotate freely!

I checked out the Winchester Xpert HP ammo I have also. No problems there. All is tightly connected. No spinning.

Any input from you guys/gals?? Help!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6088
A lot of different 22s do that you should get one of those 550rd boxes and try it, count them up and see how many you get. You won't finish the box with out getting over your fear of the loose bullet. 22lr is nothing more that a lead pellet crimped into a case. The case is actually crimped inside a flange on the bullet. They are somewhat loose because the pressure would be to great for the rim and it would rupture. Take one apart(DON'T crush the rim in the process!!!) and you will see what I mean.

USPSA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

I am not an expert I just shoot like one.
The Knight Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7624
Try some CCI Blazer 22
I have good luck with them,
both my 22 upper and pistol
like them, pretty accurate also

just my 2 cents
BlackRifle223is4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page

.22 bullets loose

22 rounds and loose crimps

bwill a 22 lr bullet fire accurately with a loose crimp

can 22lr bullets be loose in brass

is it safe to fire a 22lr shell if the lead is loose

remington 22 ammo loose

remington 22 lr bullet loose in casing

remington 22 lr loose lead

remington 22lr ammo loose

remington 22lr ammunition loose projectiles are they safe

remington 22lr hp have loose lead

remington 22lr loose crimp

why lead bullet is loose on remington bolt 22

winchester 22 projectile loose

winchester 22lr wwb loose bullets

Click on a term to search for related topics.