• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Wal-Marts (Bay Area, CA) no longer stocking ammo

This is a discussion on Wal-Marts (Bay Area, CA) no longer stocking ammo within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I'm getting a little more paranoid now that I hear about that new CA bill being looked over. Just to put things into perspective, and ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Wal-Marts (Bay Area, CA) no longer stocking ammo

Old 06-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9000
I'm getting a little more paranoid now that I hear about that new CA bill being looked over. Just to put things into perspective, and assuming WWB 115 gr. FMJ and Wal-Mart's pricing for a box of 100 is fixed at $11.98, whereas other local stores average (estimated round figure) $15:

If you go shooting once a week and shoot 100 rounds per visit (5200 rounds annually):

Wal-Mart: $11.98 x 52 visits a year = $622.96
Other: $15.00 x 52 visits a year = $780.00
Difference of about $157.00, or about 13 boxes of 100 at Wal-Mart

If you go shooting twice a week and shoot 100 rounds per visit (10400 rounds annually):

Wal-Mart: $11.98 x 104 visits a year = $1245.92
Other: $15.00 x 104 visits a year = $1560.00
Difference of about $314.00, or about 26 boxes of 100 at Wal-Mart

This doesn't factor in sales tax, of course. But wow, the difference in ammo quantity / potential extra practice adds up quick. This is assuming I'm performing simple arithmetic correctly.
docrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 6972
No, that's very good arithmetic and it's very well presented.

I am the kind of person who likes to support the local guy who gives better service at the expense of higher prices--but not for ammo.

This is my first experience with online ammo purchases, so we'll see how it turns out. I do not particularly enjoy Walmart's shopping experience and the one where I used to go (Martinez) wasn't really in my neighborhood, anyway, so it's not like I'm really singing the blues on the demise of its ammo sales. I will find some other options.

Hey, I wonder what a similar artithmetic demonstration would like like if one RELOADED ammo, assuming start-up costs for a modestly-priced machine and other related supplies and accessories.
markinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:44 AM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 10222
Re: Wal-Marts (Bay Area, CA) no longer stocking ammo

Check this one out. I think us CA shooters are in trouble.
martinbr

http://www.calguns.net/

Assemblyman Torrico Attempting To Ban Online And Mail Order Ammo
New: AB 2714 passed through the Assembly 5-31-06! It will be heard in the Senate next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrice
The subject title is a bit alarmist (although it's been mentioned here before), but I went to the Union City one earlier today and they're no longer carrying ammo. Same thing with the Fremont store. I managed to make it to Milpitas and scoop up the rest of their 9mm inventory (it sounds like I'm hogging, but trust me, there wasn't much left to begin with - no WWB 115 gr. to be seen).

The clerk at the Union City store specifically mentioned they're no longer carrying ammunition. Looks like the good days of cheap(er) local supply are over. Time for me to bulk order online, but I assume the shipping charges are going to get me.

Maybe some of you Bay Area folks want to make a large order somewhere? I wonder if that would save anything though.
martinbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9000
Yup, I've already e-mailed the Governor and my two local district reps. Hopefully their staff will do more than just give it a passing glance and throw it in the "to-be-read-later" pile. I'm no "gun nut," but I sure as hell need to practice. If my range time today were any indication, I'm going to need lots of it.

I called San Leandro Wal-Mart and they're no longer carrying ammo. I did stop by the Milpitas one again and they still had stock. I collected the last few boxes of Remington 9mm 115 gr. JHP. Some of y'all greedy bastards takin' all my WWB, eh?
docrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10154
I've always liked Seattle! Hows Oregon living? I worked full time, go to college fulltime so I figure I have three years till I get my degree! After that bobsmyuncle maybe movin out of the Bay Area! Wow, I wonder how will it be in three years. Some of my friends who found out I liked guns have always semi harrased me about it. I tell them I liked them, and I shoot IPSC/USPSA. That's my only motive for having them! I explain this is why I buy ammo in bulk.

In any case this thread had me all worried! Hows the sacramento Area walmart? I don't mine going that far, altho I would be buying alot more to make up for the gas. 200lb of ammo on my trunk!

BTW: Anyone here bought ammo from a gun show! Cuz Crossroads Gun show will be in town in Sep 23 - 24 at the cow palace. Or if you cant wait that long Del Mar, CA on the 15th - 16th. I don't know where Del Mar is so is it close to BA?
bobsmyuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 10562
I went to a local wal-mart here in long beach and they had quite a bit of ammo. I bought 5 100 packs af the winchester 9mm.
Naytwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #17
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 4886
Re: Wal-Marts (Bay Area, CA) no longer stocking ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrice
The subject title is a bit alarmist (although it's been mentioned here before), but I went to the Union City one earlier today and they're no longer carrying ammo. Same thing with the Fremont store. I managed to make it to Milpitas and scoop up the rest of their 9mm inventory (it sounds like I'm hogging, but trust me, there wasn't much left to begin with - no WWB 115 gr. to be seen).

The clerk at the Union City store specifically mentioned they're no longer carrying ammunition. Looks like the good days of cheap(er) local supply are over. Time for me to bulk order online, but I assume the shipping charges are going to get me.
You're not going to be able to do THAT either.
I'd strongly suggest that any right thinking Kalifornians start voting these idjits out of office before it's too late.
(it may already BE too late!)

When seconds count, the police are only five minutes away.
------------------------------------
MY PARTIAL TOY LIST
XD-9 5" (Production)
XD-40 5" (Limited10)
SA 1911 Loaded (Limited10/SingleStack)
STI Spartan (Limited10/SingleStack)
Kahr PM9 (CCW) KT P3AT (CCW)

Remington 11-87 (Trap)
Remington 870 Express (HD/Trap)

Misc Rifles for fun and hunting
BBunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 7987
The Walmart in Vallejo still carries ammo. I called and the guy told me they do and will continue to sell ammo.

You better call before making the trip.

XDFB
Old 06-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
wjc
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 6360
No ammo sell in Walmart Martinez

I check Walmart in Martinez store, they no longer selling any ammo.
wjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:56 AM   #20
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4791
Del Mar is in the San Diego Area, a bit far from you way up there.

It's in Del Mar one month, then Costa Mesa, in the OC, the next month. They do it all year that way I believe down here.
retired is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
9mm ammo for sale in union city ca
ammunition bay area

ammunition for sale bay area

bay area cheapest ammo
bay area where to buy shotgun ammunition
best place to buy ammo in bay area

cheap ammo bay area

mountain view walmart ammo california forum
walmart 22 ammo union city

walmart ammo bay area

walmart sells ammo bay area
walmarts that sell ammo in bay area
where to buy 9mm ammo south bay ca
where to buy ammo bay area walmart
which walmart in the bay area ca sell ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.