• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tula Ammo

This is a discussion on Tula Ammo within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Anyone have any experience with Tula Ammo? http://tulammousa.com/ Found a good deal on some 45 but never heard of the brand before....

Old 05-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 56850
Tula Ammo

Anyone have any experience with Tula Ammo? http://tulammousa.com/
Found a good deal on some 45 but never heard of the brand before.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
It works fine.

Plenty of woefully uninformed folks will try and tell you that the steel cases will damage your extractor (it won't) or bore (it also won't). Some people will bitch that it's dirty, but so what...I've put over 500 rounds of Wolf (same ammo, different name) through a Glock 21 in a single day class, and it was a non-issue. If you're gonna clean your gun after you shoot it anyway, what's the huhu?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
As cuda says the ammo is fine. You'll get your ammo snobs who'll say (in my best girl voice imitation) "Eww it's dirty". I don't see it being any dirtier than WWB and the way I see it if you don't want your gun to get dirty, don't shoot it.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53173
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalindo View Post
...and the way I see it if you don't want your gun to get dirty, don't shoot it.
^+1

I use it all the time. I actually have more problems with the white box ammo than Tula Ammo.
Treyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 54240
Yea it is a little dirty but works just fine...it is pretty much all I use at the range since it is so cheap...and I already clean my guns after every trip so no big deal...if the price fits go for it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

XD .45 ACP Service w/ TruGlo TFO Sights
XD 9mm Subcompact
Springfield Mil Spec 1911
Hammer of Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 56850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
It works fine.

Plenty of woefully uninformed folks will try and tell you that the steel cases will damage your extractor (it won't) or bore (it also won't). Some people will bitch that it's dirty, but so what...I've put over 500 rounds of Wolf (same ammo, different name) through a Glock 21 in a single day class, and it was a non-issue. If you're gonna clean your gun after you shoot it anyway, what's the huhu?
Thanks. According to Tulammousa.com Tula Ammo is not Wolf.

Quote:
Dear Great TULAMMO USA Customer,

In connection with our ongoing promotion and support of TULAMMO products, we want to be sure that all of our customers are aware of the types of ammunition being supplied in the U.S. from the Tula and Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works in Russia. TULAMMO USA was formed for the sole purpose of distributing the TULAMMO brand of ammunition from these two factories. The Tula and Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works no longer support or produce any of the “Wolf” brands of ammunition. Please note that:

TULAMMO is not WOLF Performance Ammunition
TULAMMO is not WOLF Military Classic Ammunition
TULAMMO is not WOLF GOLD Ammunition
TULAMMO is not WPA (WOLF Performance Ammunition)
TULAMMO is not WPA (WOLF Performance Ammunition) Military Classic
TULAMMO is not Wolf Performance Primers

Our primary goal is to support the highest quality ammunition provided by these two factories under the TULAMMO brand. We expect nothing but the best during the performance of our ammunition products. To order TULAMMO products, and for any questions about TULAMMO, please contact us at 888-317-5810. We also can be reached via email at info@tulammousa.com.

Thank you,

TULAMMO USA
Looks like the factories produced Wolf at one time but no longer do. I would imagine that in the end, the two brand are so close it doesn't really make a difference. I'm very new to firearms and from what I have read online ammo brand and for that matter, firearm brand and type, is extremely subjective to the user. some people are just brand loyalists. Some read way to much into numbers. I have formed the opinion that each person should formulate there own opinion. And then plaster it all over the web . So, I will try different brands of ammunition, decide which I like and which performs the best for me and my weapon. Of course I will let you know what I like.

Thanks everybody.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
I buy it whenever I can find it. Shoots great and a great value.

TulAmmo - Unlocking the Russian Spammunition Mystery
http://www.luckygunner.com/ammo-manu...la-ammo-review
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #8
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Shoot it. It runs good in my XD.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53810
as they say it is a bit dirtier, and has a little different smell when fired, But it ran just a good through the XD as remington, or WWB.. good stuff.

TulAmmo Review | Tula Ammo Cartridge Works

here is a write up for you to checkout if in any doubt..
taurus pt25 (new addition)
Belknap model B-967 .22 rifle
tweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49691
If you shoot at an indoor range I would advise checking with them about using it. Our range & many others will not allow steel cased / bi-metal ammo due to the risk of fire.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
how good is tula ammo
how good is tulammo
how good is tule ammo
is 9mm tula ammo any good
is tul ammo any good
is tula 9mm ammo any good

is tula ammo any good

is tula ammo good
is tula ammo good?

is tulammo any good

is tulammo good ammo
is tull ammo good ammo

tula ammo any good

tulammo 223 steel core
tulammousa.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.