• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

9mm Super-X super unleaded

This is a discussion on 9mm Super-X super unleaded within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Hi all, Last weekend i went to a local gun show and i was looking for some cheap ammo to shoot at the range. I ...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45462
9mm Super-X super unleaded

Hi all,

Last weekend i went to a local gun show and i was looking for some cheap ammo to shoot at the range. I ended up buying a case of Winchester 147 gr Super-x Super unleaded 9mm rounds. "flat nose"

I cannot say i know much about this ammo but at the time of purchased maybe i was more concerned with price vs quality but at 100 bucks it seemed like a good deal.

Anyone have any experience with this ammo ?

Before i crack the case just wanted to see if my Xd-9 will handle this type of ammo.

thanks
mobilecommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
this? AMM-431 - Ammo 9mm Winchester Super-X 147gr FMJ 50-Rd Fully Encapsulated, Sub-Sonic, Lead Free, Box of 50

should be fine, worst case you will have to open the lips of your mags a little, but its an XD which is croation for "ill eat anything"

EDIT: wait... are the ones you got subsonic? post pics of you can

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmp22 View Post

should be fine, worst case you will have to open the lips of your mags a little, but its an XD which is croation for "ill eat anything"
First off, welcome to the forum mobilecommand..

There will be no alteration of your mags needed to accommodate this ammo.
It is a heavier bullet, not a bigger bullet..
I'm not sure where xdmp22 came up with that BS..

That happens to be my favorite target ammo...
It is a little pricier than Walmart WWB and Federal, but much more accurate and cleaner.
But at $100, I would have bought at least 2 or 3 cases..

My last ATG purchase..

I liked them so much I bought these a month later..
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?ma...4c93fcf7041394

With my local Walmart now charging $24 for WWB 100 packs, I might as well pay shipping and get the better ammo..

I also carry these for SD, 9mm 147 grain Winchester Ranger SXT Hollow Point.
So it makes sense to practice with 147gr target ammo.
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?ma...4c93fcf7041394

As stated, your XD9 will probably eat anything you run thru it.
When I owned XD pistols (4 of them, all sold now), I never had a problem with any ammo at all.
I think you will be pleased with the accuracy of the ammo you bought.

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
I realize its not a bigger buller, but it is a flat nose, and not a round nose, I should have been more clearer with my post, very small possibilty that the XD will have a hard time shooting the flat nose, go ahead and shoot them and if you do have problems come back and let us know.

Sometimes (rarely) flat nose bullets will not present from the magazine to the feed ramp at the right angle and the front of the mag lips need to be opened slightly, this usually only happens when you drop the mags a lot or they are not to spec, but every so often you can find a picky XD, not likely but it does happen once in a blue moon

Sorry if I caused confusion.

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Howdy,

Just wanted to post a follow up.

Shot 50 rounds today of the Super unleaded and had 0 issues.

I am not sure if it was the desert sun or lack of water or a little of both but i swear on two or three of the rounds i saw sparks or fire blasting out of the muzzle.

Either way I wish i picked up a few more cases at that price point and maybe a case of water for next time lol..

Happy shooting.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
winchester 9mm luger super unleaded

winchester 9mm super unleaded

winchester super unleaded

winchester super unleaded 9mm

winchester super unleaded ammo

winchester super x 9mm

winchester super x 9mm 147gr
winchester super x 9mm 147gr fmj case
winchester super x 9mm 147gr review

winchester super x 9mm review

winchester super x 9mm unleaded
winchester super x subsonic 9mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.