• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

.22LR Ammo @ Walmart

This is a discussion on .22LR Ammo @ Walmart within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; So I went to walmart yesterday, and was going to buy a federal bulk pack. But the winchester .22lr 500 pack was 3 cent cheaper, ...

Old 03-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8909
.22LR Ammo @ Walmart

So I went to walmart yesterday, and was going to buy a federal bulk pack. But the winchester .22lr 500 pack was 3 cent cheaper, so I decided to get that instead (yeah, know 3 cent isnt much, but hey, its cheaper!) .. I bought two boxes, but havn't had a chance to put any through my rifle yet. Does anyone have any opinions about the differences between the two?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6174
I hate to say it but I don't think you saved anything. The Federal pack has 550 rounds in it.

Springfield XD9 Tactical
ZXD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXD9
I hate to say it but I don't think you saved anything. The Federal pack has 550 rounds in it.
Yep, and I have always found the Winchesters to be inconsistant. Maybe they're getting better but seems like they had varying amounts of powder in them.

"Did I say that outloud?"
brian40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9034
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXD9
Yep, and I have always found the Winchesters to be inconsistant. Maybe they're getting better but seems like they had varying amounts of powder in them.
The winchester rounds seem to gum up my gun.
rem 870 exp super mag 12ga
enfield 303 mark1 no3
Springfield30.06
Bushy Ar-15 .223
marlin .22lr(no not a 10\22, but has silencer, expanded round tube, lightened trigger, and more)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8277
I was having fairly frequent jams/misfires with the Winchester .22 in my Marlin M60, and I haven't had any problems with the Federal and you get 50 more rounds per box to boot! The Winchester was also a bare lead bullet whereas the Federal is Copper Plated.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:56 AM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 3754
Location: The Nevada Desert on a Dry Lakebed. Living in a trailer with thunderstorms looming in the distance.
I don't mind the Winchester Dynapoints, but the Federal is much better. I shoot those Federal hollow points all the time. Can't beat the quality or the price
hobocircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 4732
I've never tried the Winchester bricks. I think the Federal is very good for the price.

The Remington Thunderbolts are the worst .22 LR I've tried so far. Can the Winchester be worse?

I just bought two boxes of the Remington Target .22 - it was $4 and change per 100. I'm just trying everything. So far it seems the CCI Mini Mags are about the best for the money (but far more expensive than any of the bulk packs). The CCI Green Tag is the most accurate out of my gun, but costs as much as 9mm WWB...hard to justfy just for plinking.

The Stingers are the most fun to shoot....good and accurate, and LOUD with some felt recoil...probably good for hunting. Probably usable for self defense in a pinch (if you were limited to a .22).

Peace,
D.
Delija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 5697
My Sig Mosquito hates the Federals. So now I have to buy CCI Mini Mags at Wally World.
Springfield 1911 TRP Operator
IS300_TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #9
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I just noticed that wally world has 350 round boxes of "match" .22

I however, passed on it and got a few more boxes of the Federal Bulk pack.

The 50 round box federal champions (LRN) are a close second but they cost 30 cents more per 100 rounds.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #10
Oni
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 7999
Watch out for winchester Wildcat 22lrs, some are known to carry DOUBLE powder charges (very unstable because of mal-loading) Whinchester wants this ammunition returned.

"OLIN Corportation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling five (5) lots of its Wildcat .22 LR High Velocity rimfire ammunition (Symbol Number WW22LR). Lot numbers affected are 3RA42L, 1RH71L, 1RH81L, 2RH81L and 3RH81L. The ammunition lot number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the outside of the right tuck flap of the 50-round box. Winchester has determined the above lots may have double powder charges. Do not use this ammunition! If you possess any of this ammunition, return it to Winchester via UPS. Securely pack the ammunition into a corrugated cardboard box, write "CARTRIDGES, SMALL ARMS ORM-D" on the outside and ship to: Olin Corp. - Winchester Division, Tile Warehouse, Powder Mill Road, Gate 4A, East Alton, IL 62024" Please add "ATTENTION: 22 CALIBER RECALL" below the address. Winchester will send you coupons good for replacement ammuntion from your local dealer. Questions? Call toll-free (US and Canada) 866-423-5224."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
.22lr high velocity ammo for sale walmart
22 cal. ammo walmart

22lr ammo walmart

how much do 22 bullets cost
how much do 22 caliber bullets cost
how much does a box of .22 bullets cost at walmart in fort smith arkansas
how much does a box of 500 22 cal. windchester wild cat bullets cost
how much is .22 lr at walmart

walmart 22lr ammo

walmart ammo 22 lr
walmart getting any 22lr ammo
when does walmart in anderson sc get 22lr ammo in
Click on a term to search for related topics.