• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Where to find used (cheap) reloading equipment

This is a discussion on Where to find used (cheap) reloading equipment within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I've been shopping around for a nice used press but on ebay and such a used dillon press is not much cheaper than a new ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Where to find used (cheap) reloading equipment

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 40121
Where to find used (cheap) reloading equipment

I've been shopping around for a nice used press but on ebay and such a used dillon press is not much cheaper than a new one. I'm not particular about the brand or anything, but they don't have any presses on craigslist. Any suggestions?
theg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 35450
I found my RL550B on a local craigslist ad and it ended up being about $200 less than new when all the accessories that came along with it were thrown in.... You might try Gunbroker.com but I'd think you won't find many good deals on there...

NRA Endowment Member
Grunt167 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25494
Quote:
Originally Posted by theg33k View Post
I've been shopping around for a nice used press but on ebay and such a used dillon press is not much cheaper than a new one. I'm not particular about the brand or anything, but they don't have any presses on craigslist. Any suggestions?
If you're talking about a progressive, consider the Hornady Lock n Load. Hornady has a free bullet offer where, if you buy that press, they'll send you 1000 free bullets. For instance, 1000 .45 XTP 185gr bullets. They retail for $20.99 for 100 at Grafs; 1000 is worth $209.90. You have to pay shipping which reduces the value by about $23, but still it's $186-worth of bullets.

And there are other bullets you can get instead.

You do have to add dies and shellplates, but the net effect is to get, in effect, a $186 or thereabouts discount on the press.

I have one, I love it. Loved the free bullets, too.

Occam's Razor: If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
mongoose33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40775
Here's somewhere to look.

ReloadersAuction.com, reloading, shooting, online auction
Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
You can watch E-bay but as you found, some of those guys pay as much for used as you could get new. Hit the classified sections on many of the forums like this. When I sell sonething, I list it there instead of E-bay. You don't have to deal w/ paying to sell it & can sell it a bit cheaper.
If you really want to get into reloading cheap, you can get a new Lee turret for very little, scale, calipers, misc. & get reloading. Later on, if you feel the need for a progressive, just buy one new & be done w/ it.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 7959
I found two lee pro 1k's with dies last year on craigslist for $100. Then again I check craigslist twice a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
speedracer211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
craigslist reloading equipment for sale
dillon reloading presses for sale used
reloading presses for sale on craigslist
used ammo reloading equipment for sale
used dillon reloading equipment
used dillon reloading press for sale craigslist
used dillon reloading press sale

used reloading equipment

used reloading equipment for sale

used reloading equipment for sale craigslist

used reloading press

used reloading press craigslist
Click on a term to search for related topics.