• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Substitute for Bullseye powder?

This is a discussion on Substitute for Bullseye powder? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I actually load plated 180 gr 40's with the Power pistol. works great for me, there is a bit more flash but I don't notice ...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22930
I actually load plated 180 gr 40's with the Power pistol. works great for me, there is a bit more flash but I don't notice it shooting in the day time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25494
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMM View Post
I usually agree with Fred.

WST for .45ACP? Not popular. For a reason.
Well, what would that reason be?

I bought a pound of WST, had terrific results with it. Tried it again, same thing. Bought more.

For me it's accurate, fills the case, what am I missing that others steer clear of it. Does it cause cancer? Impotence? Excessively fast-growing fingernails?

Occam's Razor: If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
mongoose33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose33 View Post
Well, what would that reason be?

I bought a pound of WST, had terrific results with it. Tried it again, same thing. Bought more.

For me it's accurate, fills the case, what am I missing that others steer clear of it. Does it cause cancer? Impotence? Excessively fast-growing fingernails?
WST is my powder of choice for 45acp also.
VV n320 is what I feed my 40 but may need to look for an alternative because of the price tag.
scooterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan299 View Post
Ok, thanks guys! I should have made it clear that I planned on using it in a 40 S&W with 180 grain jacketed Hornady bullets. W231 was another choice I had considered. Any thoughts you have on better choices are greatly appreciated.
Really, the 40 is no place for uberfast powders & jacketed bullets IMO> Go to Unique or WSF in the 40 w/ 180gr bullets. The most accurate ammo I have loaded to date for my very finicky 4006 is using WSF powder. Yes you use a little more, but cost is NOT the reason I choose a powder. The diff. between most unerfast powders & a med. powdr is about 3/10 of a penny per load. I don't cut corners on powder.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 14667
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMM View Post
I usually agree with Fred.

WST for .45ACP? Not popular. For a reason.

Like Fred Said, if you want a good sub for Bullseye, Tightgroup would probably be as close as you'll get. W231 is another very suitable sub, and one that is extremely common for this caliber and versatile if you load other handgun calibers.

Bullseye and W231 are my two favorite .45ACP powders. I know Fred doesn't like fast powders, but if you're careful these are hard to beat for accuracy.
Now XMM, you can't just throw that one out & leave it hanging? Tell us why you don't like it? I've heard some say it's temp. sensitive, BS. I've chronographed WST from the high 30s to the high 90s & vel. change little. The accuracy is far better than I get w/ most powder & it doen't seem to spike like Clays & cleaner by far than BE. SO??

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
alliant rifle powder, bullseye
alliant unique or bullseye
american select vs wst powder
bullseye powder substitue

bullseye powder substitute

bullseye powder vs
good sub for bullseye powder
hp-38 vs bullseye
is wst,231,and hp-38 powder the same
powders similar to bullseye
replacement powder for bullseye 9 mm
substitute for bullseye powder
what gun powder is equivalent to bullseye
wst
wst vs 231

wst vs bullseye

Click on a term to search for related topics.