• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Lee pro 1000 Vs. Loadmaster

This is a discussion on Lee pro 1000 Vs. Loadmaster within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I'm looking at getting a new press and cant make up my mind on wich to get. Has anyone had expierance with either of these ...

Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28784
Lee pro 1000 Vs. Loadmaster

I'm looking at getting a new press and cant make up my mind on wich to get. Has anyone had expierance with either of these and pros cons of each of them? Both got decent reviews on midway website and not really looking to start a brand debate. Thanks
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I have a Lee Pro 1000, but if I could do it again I'd get a Loadmaster.

My main reason is that I'd like more stations. I'd like to seat bullets in one die and cimp in another as opposed to doing it all at once.

I found a few topics discussing the two.
Lee Loadmaster Press - Shooters Forum
Loadmaster vs. Pro-1000 - TheFiringLine Forums
Lee Pro 1000 vs Loadmaster - Topic Powered by eve community

Is it safe to assume that you'll only be reloading pistol cartridges? Because if you even think you'll reload rifle cartridges you'll have to go with the loadmaster.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Last edited by Krackels; 04-14-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
If you really need to buy a cheap progressive press, then you'll probably do better with the 1000 than with the Loadmaster. I have loaded tens of thousands of rounds ...tediously... on a Loadmaster. In my opinion, they're probably the absolute worst progressive press made, period...
Mercmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30124
LoadMaster all the way. There isn't too much of a price difference up front but the extra station does give you some flexibility. I use a factory crimp or taper crimp die in the 5th station instead of seating and crimping in one, as Krackels said.

Last edited by EvilElmo; 04-15-2009 at 02:26 PM.
EvilElmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6481
i just put a load master on order today from Midway its on back order though
blefferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 32087
Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd View Post
i just put a load master on order today from Midway its on back order though
Good luck, I've been waiting for my backordered Loadmaster from Midway for over 3 weeks now.

XDM 9mm Bi-tone - PRP trigger & Dons Guide Rod
M&P Pro 9mm
SA Loaded 1911 9mm
Remington 1100 12ga
Winchester Model 70 7mm Mauser
landheerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23346
Meh.. Call Dillon and get a 550B or a 650B. Much better presses IMO.

SVThuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35764
Just FYI you may want to call Lee and see if they have any rebuilt units. My buddy at work was told by them to check around the end of the month and he got a rebuilt unit (40cal LM)for $179 + shipping last month.
Carmmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThuh View Post
Meh.. Call Dillon and get a 550B or a 650B. Much better presses IMO.
Maybe you should read this... http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillon...Comparison.pdf

Dillon is hard for me to justify for the price. Now if I was a sponsored competition shooter I could probably justify dropping a couple grand on a 1050.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23346
It really wasnt that hard for me to justify, though I did get my 550B at a steal finding it online for $225 shipped, NIB.

I went nuts though when I bought all the supporting stuff and had money to burn and I wanted to pay once cry once so I went through Dillon directly for all the additional tool heads, dies and caliber conversions.

Overall, I dont think I could be any happier with a 4 station press.

SVThuh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
lee 1000 vs loadmaster
lee load master vs lee pro 1000
lee loadmaster or lee pro 1000
lee loadmaster vs lee pro 1000

lee loadmaster vs pro 1000

lee pro 100 vs loadmaster
lee pro 1000 or loadmaster
lee pro 1000 progressive vs lee load-master
lee pro 1000 review
lee pro 1000 vs lee loadmaster
lee pro 1000 vs load master

lee pro 1000 vs loadmaster

loadmaster vs pro 1000
loadmaster vs pro1000
new lee loadmaster vs pro 1000
reviews of lee pro 1000
Click on a term to search for related topics.