• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

9mm Luger or 9x19 difference?

This is a discussion on 9mm Luger or 9x19 difference? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; CAUTION...Possibly Stupid Question Here!!!!!! Ok, I have been shooting for many years, but have always had rifles or large calibers, I just recently got the ...

Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
9mm Luger or 9x19 difference?

CAUTION...Possibly Stupid Question Here!!!!!!

Ok, I have been shooting for many years, but have always had rifles or large calibers, I just recently got the 9mm conversion barrel for my .40 XDm, I picked up some WWB 9mm luger and cheap range reloads and both tend to stove pipe or not chamber everyother round or so, I am using the factory springfield 9mm mag and a efk firedraggon barrel, I had a local gunsmith match the barrel to the gun, the Barrel says 9 x 19 on it i didnt see any ammo at my shops other than luger, so now i am wondering if there is a difference between 9mm luger and 9x19.

Id rather ask you guys then the ammo dealers, i feel better being laughed at and embarressed online rather than in person.

Thanks for the support and I welcome the barrage of Dumba$$ remarks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB

Last edited by xdmp22; 04-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 9898
9x19 is same and 9mm luger. try a different brand of ammo. mine would only run 99% with remington umc. thats the main reason i got rid of it

leeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

thats what i thought but my brain got the best of me and i started thinking....I have no issues with the .40 WWB, the reloads suck in the XDm, but I got over that with Balzer Brass from Wally World

IWB

OWB
Old 04-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 9898
conversion barrels are kind of a scam in my opinon. none are 100% none work with every brand ammo. ill save my time and headache and get another gun next time.

leeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 28829
Don't feel bad for asking...I wondered the same thing when I got into shooting.

9mm Luger, 9x19mm, and 9mm Parabellum are all names for the exact same thing. The terms are interchangeable.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

i dont feel bad at all, only one way to learn in my opinion, do it yourself, or ask!!!!

IWB

OWB
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 26841
Synonyms

This is my rifle.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Maj. Gen WH Rupertus

AKSpraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35830
good summary..
XD 9SC
highcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 35485
Did you change the spring down to a 16# (from 18# stock)? The smaller 9mm rounds do not have the same energy of a .40S&W round to cycle the slide consistently.

Frank said that EFK firedragon are working on their own springs as part of their conversion barrels, but in the meantime recommended Wolff springs. I went ahead and ordered 2oz guide rod kit that comes with your choice of one of five different spring rates, one of which is 16#. Wolff hardens their guide rod to a minimum RC-55, which is harder than the stainless guiderods that are popular at around RC-45. The harder the material, the more wear resistant it is.
glass maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

i was told you didnt need to replace the spring, but you bring up a good point. for a guide rod, I went a head and made one out of Titanium. seems to improve the recoil, and its the same size to the nuts as the stock one, only solid...
the gun stovepipes with both guide rods if anyone was going to ask.

IWB

OWB

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
9 x 19 vs 9mm
9 x 19 vs 9mm luger
9mm 9x19
9mm luger same as 9x19

9mm luger vs 9x19

9mm vs 9x19

9mm x 19
9mmx19
9x19 ammo

9x19 vs 9mm

9x19 vs 9mm luger

difference between 9mm luger and 9x19

difference between 9x19 and 9mm luger

is 9mm luger the same as 9x19

is 9x19 the same as 9mm luger
what is the difference between 9x19 and 9mm luger
Click on a term to search for related topics.