• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Berry,s Bullets Load Data ?????

This is a discussion on Berry,s Bullets Load Data ????? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the Armory Talk category; This is my first post here and I hope you guys will help me out. I just bought some Berrys preferred platted 124 grn RN's ...

Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 34668
Berry,s Bullets Load Data ?????

This is my first post here and I hope you guys will help me out.
I just bought some Berrys preferred platted 124 grn RN's and 124 grn HP's for my XDm 9mm.

I will be using Win Brass CCI-500 primers and W231 or Unique powder. These are the 2 powders I have on hand and would like to use these up before I buy a differant kind.

First question is what are you guys using for a Min and Max Load with unique or W231. If you are not using Unique what would you suggest as a Min and Max with Unique or W231 for each of these bullets?

Second question what are you using or suggest I set my OAL at for each of these bullets?

Third Question would a .375 to .377 crimp work?

Fourth question which of the two bullets I have bought have you found to me more accurate?

Any help help with this would be Great.

Thanks Mike

Last edited by mike88605; 03-07-2009 at 04:59 PM.
mike88605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18902
Mike,
Per Berry's website FAQ......

Quote:
Plated bullets occupy a position between cast bullets and jacketed bullets. They are soft lead, but have a hard outer shell on them. When loading plated bullets we have found best results using low- to mid-range jacketed data in the load manual. You must use data for a bullet that has the same weight and profile as the one you are loading. Do not exceed mid-range loads. Do not use magnum loads.
As an example that is similar but NOT the same as your bullet weight......I am using Berry's 115 gr. round nose in my 9mm 5" XD. I use 5 grains of Unique which gives me a velocity that is just 24 feet per second slower than 115 gr. round nose Blazer Brass ammo shot from my XD. I set my OAL to 1.150". Again, this is NOT the same bullet you are using.

Consult your reloading manual(s) using the info provided by Berry's Mfg and you should be able to find a suitable min/max starting point for your bullets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Last edited by arizona98tj; 03-07-2009 at 09:37 PM.
arizona98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 14667
The problem w/ using Berry's or other nn major brands, is there is little to no vetted loading data. They should be loaded w/ lead data. So what I recommend is find a lead bullet that has a sim. profile & use that data including OAL. If you are using data no higher than midrange, you should be fine working up from there.
If you are unable to find lead data, you can find jacketed date for the sim. profile bullet & subtract 5%, that gets me pretty close to the vel. figures of jacketed using lead or plated.

You don't become a better shooter unless you can shoot more & you don't shoot more unlesss you can do it for less.

NRA Cert. Instr: Basic Pistol & Met. Reloading
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can

Search tags for this page
barrys bullets load data
berry bullet 115 grn 9mm reloading data w231
berry bullets 9mm load data

berry bullets load data

berry bullets load data 9mm
berry load data
berry s 9mm 124 grain round nose loading data
berry's bullets 9mm load data

berry's bullets load data

berry's bullets load data 9mm
berry's bullets loads
berry's bullets reloading data
berrys bullets load data
berrys loading data
loading data for 124 berry's bullet
reloading data for berrys bullets
Click on a term to search for related topics.