• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Wolf reliability

This is a discussion on Wolf reliability within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Just a few days ago I took my IOI AK out for a shoot. I probably went through 8-10 boxes of Wolf FMJ (Not mil-classic, ...

Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30720
Wolf reliability

Just a few days ago I took my IOI AK out for a shoot. I probably went through 8-10 boxes of Wolf FMJ (Not mil-classic, black box)

With every mag, I had at least 2 dud primers and with one mag I even had a stovepipe.

Has anybody else had wolf problems?
AK_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_User View Post
Just a few days ago I took my IOI AK out for a shoot. I probably went through 8-10 boxes of Wolf FMJ (Not mil-classic, black box)

With every mag, I had at least 2 dud primers and with one mag I even had a stovepipe.

Has anybody else had wolf problems?
Pretty common with the black Box from Wolf...I'll spend a little extra and buy Barnual...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
I've gone through about 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and never had a bad round. Maybe just lucky, but I think it's good stuff.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheEldest View Post
I've gone through about 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and never had a bad round. Maybe just lucky, but I think it's good stuff.
Its just percentages...I've been having a lot of duds with 9mm WWB here lately-all from the same country too. And to my suprise, no issues with Wolf Black in 9mm or Brown Bear, and I have had issues with the Brown Bear many times. All of a sudden I get 500rds that work lovely and show less than a 50fps defiation....go figure

einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25102
its funny you mention the 9mm WWB. that was the first and only ftf i have had with my XD (WWB)
Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 25254
i never use the black box...only the military classic (camo box) ammo. out of 3000 rounds, i've had one dud
Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 30720
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahYeah View Post
i never use the black box...only the military classic (camo box) ammo. out of 3000 rounds, i've had one dud
thanks! no more BBW for me. (the ammo)
AK_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28110
I've never had a failure with 9mm or 7.62x39mm Wolf, out of thausands of rounds of both black box and Military Classic. The 7.62x54R, though, seems to be less reliable. Out of a couple hunnert rounds, we've had like four or five failures.
"Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government."

- Thomas Jefferson
Slade797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3837
I don't run Wolf in any of my pistols, but I shoot it exclusively in 7.62x39. The only problems I've had were stovepipes with the black box 154 gr soft points. They would stovepipe consistently in my rifle. Switching back to 124 gr eliminated those issues.

boricua9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #10
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Never had a problem running black box Wolf in any of my 4 SKSs. Admittedly, I have not run this ammo through my AK.

Although I have found that Barnaul runs great in my AK and its the cheapest thing out there right now in my neck of the woods. Academy sells it for 4.85 a box.

Silver Bear and S&B also runs great in the AK.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
wolf range reliabilty

wolf reliability

Click on a term to search for related topics.