• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Thermold Mags ??

This is a discussion on Thermold Mags ?? within the AK-47 Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Does any one have any experience with this manufacture? I received a flyer with Mags for AKs and ARs,just looking for some info.....

Old 12-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
Thermold Mags ??

Does any one have any experience with this manufacture? I received a flyer with Mags for AKs and ARs,just looking for some info..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
Thermold is the old brand name for Master Molder polymer mags.

They are top quality US made mags.
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13453
I can't confirm or deny, but I was told that Thermold makes the magazines used by the Canadian military. If that's the case, they ought to be pretty good.

I've used a few over the years and my experience with them has all been positive.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamstutz View Post
I can't confirm or deny, but I was told that Thermold makes the magazines used by the Canadian military. If that's the case, they ought to be pretty good.
This is not true.

Canada licensed the technology from Master Molder way back when, and they changed the type of plastic used in their versions. Their choice of plastic was not as durable as the stuff used by the good folks in North Carolina, and thusly, the term "thermelt" came to be. The Canadians found that sticking one of their magazines in a hot M16 would melt the feed lips (this is because they didn't leave well enough alone, and changed the formula).

What the Canadians did ticked Master Molder off, cuz it gave 'em a bad name (even though they had nothing to do with it).

The US made Master Molders/Thermolds are top of the line products.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5489
^^^ yup!

einheit 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
I'd go with the new Tapco over the Thermold if given the choice (Tapco is usually cheaper, has an antitilt follower and still is US made for part compliance).

I'd rather have a Hungarian Steel, but you take what you can get these days.
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk9noseknows View Post
I'd go with the new Tapco over the Thermold if given the choice (Tapco is usually cheaper, has an antitilt follower and still is US made for part compliance).
To each their own, but

1) tilting followers haven't been a problem in 7.62x39 AK magazines (iow, they're serving tasty buzzword kool-aid).

2) the Master Molder / Thermold mags are entirely made in the USA ( 3 countable parts ).

3) the Thermold / Master Molder design is combat proven since the 80s. Tapco just released their magazine recently.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
I just picked up two 30 round Thermold mags today. Look good to me!

$17.00 each
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
To each their own, but

1) tilting followers haven't been a problem in 7.62x39 AK magazines (iow, they're serving tasty buzzword kool-aid).

So you've talked to every AK owner about tilting followers to make that statement??? I guess I missed your interview
I've actually had a large amount of follower issues with both Romanian and Bulgarian steel magazines. That's one of the main reasons I branched out and tried several different polymer AK mags.

I never drink Kool-Aid and don't sling the internet BS.

2) the Master Molder / Thermold mags are entirely made in the USA ( 3 countable parts ).

I never said that Thermold mags were not made in the US, only that the Tapco are also made in the US if compliance parts are an issue (Tapco is also 3 compliance parts).

3) the Thermold / Master Molder design is combat proven since the 80s. Tapco just released their magazine recently.
Who's combat exactly and where did you obtain this official information regarding Thermold mags?

Tapco ain't the best in mags for your AK. But for the price you're looking at, they are very reliable and well built. I only own a few as I prefer Bulgy Polymer Waffles or the Hungarian Steel. But the ones I do own rock
Myk9noseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13453
[quote=nalioth;1486164]This is not true.

Canada licensed the technology from Master Molder way back when, and they changed the type of plastic used in their versions...quote]

Thanks for the correction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AK-47 Talk

Search tags for this page
48rd thermold master molder military mag review
ak 47 thermold magazine review
ak-47 762x39 48rd thermold master molder military mag
ak-47 762x39 48rd thermold master molder military mag review
master molder ak mag reviews

master molder ak mags

master molder ak mags review
master molder magazines ak-47
thermold 48 round ak mag quality

thermold ak 47 magazine review

thermold ak mag review

thermold ak magazine review

thermold ak mags review

thermold ak-47 magazine review
thermold master molder ak mag review
thurmold ak mag review
Click on a term to search for related topics.